• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

What is the best clutch set up for the Rx-1?

welterracer

TY 4 Stroke God
I have a new warrior on the way and dont want to get smoked by my buddys ZR 800 . I want to clutch it just to make sure. :)

HELP!!!

I clutched mine right away. I dont think it matters much, but maybe jtssrx's is right. To me, no big deal either way. For sure Heavy Hitters make this sled come alive. When you are in the market to buy, let me know. I can hook you up with HH's, Helix, secondary spring, jetting, and a couple other tricks. Good luck and enjoy your new Warrior...BBY

BBY-
When you added the heavey hitters, I assume you clutched right for 10,200. Did you have to keep adding weight as the engine broke in? I've got a warrior coming but because of the long break in time, I probably won't clutch it until next year. How did it all work out for you?

monker

Engine breakin

Monker: It's not like that. The RPM increase isn't dramatic. Like I said earlier it's good to get some miles on your sled but it's ok to change. If I was you I would waste a whole season with the stock clutching. Stock sleds run like a broken dick!!!!

Monker, Like Jason said, the RPM increase is minimal. And what he said about stock clutching is bang on, dont waste a season with the stock calibrations. Literaly, there is huge gains to be had for minimal investment. I will have a kit available soon for Warriors and RX-1's if you are interested. Good Luck...BBY

2003 rx1 clutching

1 own a 2003 rx1er shorty i just luv this thing, owned about a dozen sleds now and nothing has ever made me feel more confident that the trip will finish without failer. BUT after 3800 miles i have just about enough with its under reving9600 to 9800 max. Could someone please help me with a good aggressive trail ride clutch setup(kit) and possible some carb pointers. northern Ontario rider

Heavy Hitters is the way to go.Get a set from Matt at the Speed shop.Or look for a used set.The HH's will get your rpms spot on and will give you a lot more low and mid range pull.Lot of guys are running the silver secondary spring at 90* but I found in my testing that the white one at 60 * worked way better much quicker upshift and no loss in back shift.If you get a set I can look what I have in mine for weight.

Back