• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

What Is the Best Intake set up for a 03 RX-1

Upnorthguy00

Veteran
Just bought a 03 RX1. I am looking to do a few mods to it. Just looking for alittle advice on what intake set up to go with. I have never has a 4 stroke and don't know what really works and what does'nt? The sled has the holtzman carbs springs and a pioneer performance clutch kit in it. Any one know how the clutch kit is? I am pretty sure the intake kit will come with new springs and jets, Right?

Ryan

krisco17 said:
best intake by far is a turbo but if you cant do that ecp filters

HAHAHA - krisco17 is absolutely right. I have them both, and they work very well for what they are designed to achieve. With the ECP filter kit the RX-1 rocks, with a turbo it flies :)

Love the filter kit, and eat revs and all other stock sleds all day. The power is :flag:.

From ECP, aka the supertuner on TY. He make the hole kit, this takes all the guss work out of putting a kit to gether like i did.

Well the air kit from ecp will give you way more power down low. Over a stock sled you will see 4 sled lengths in 1000 feet, with out a clutch kit. Put a clurch kit on and set it up for trail you may see 4 more sled lenghts.
Mine is not clutched and I beat every thing on the snow that is stock and some things that are not. But I have done other things like drop weight. For the money you will be happy with the air kit. :Rockon: For the clutch kit,ECP has one made for the air kit. So I would have to say best bang for your buck.

Attachments

• P1010004 (960 x 720) (584 x 404).jpg
    P1010004 (960 x 720) (584 x 404).jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 125
Well put in a ZX2 rear skid, took out the reverse. tool book and every thing in the front. Cut metal out of the front, the holder for the battery box. And lots of odds and sods. All and all i think I lost about 35lb.

Back