• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

What is this?

killerklown

I was reassembling the Phazer this weekend and found this on the floor in the morning. It doesn't look like anything I took off???
Is this part of the Phazer or is someone messing with me?

Attachments

• 20200911_214026.jpg
    20200911_214026.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 139
  • 20200911_214039.jpg
    20200911_214039.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 136
  • 20200911_214032.jpg
    20200911_214032.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 138

I'm thinking it may be a bumper/stop that your hood rides on when it is closed.

Except the Phazer doesn't have a "hood" like on MP's. Maybe where the headlight sits or a panel.

Oh that is so frustrating.
Last time it happened to me turned out to be a rubber part from an air tool we used for the repair. So think of other things in the garage/shop.

Other Yamahas use this but I can't recall if the Phazer has this anywhere. Maybe its off that big red....

Is your air compressor or some tool missing a rubber foot

They don't show in a parts fiche lookup.
Yes they are the seat grommets. And no they are NOT on the fiche.
Called Yamaha customer service about this several years back. Got some BS response from them.
Needed to replace a missing 1 on mine. Ended up using 1 from a Raptor 700 atv. They are very similar, but, the Raptor grommet was slightly taller and needed "trimmed".

Last edited:
Yes they are the seat grommets. And no they are NOT on the fiche.
Called Yamaha customer service about this several years back. Got some BS response from them.
Needed to replace a lost 1 on mine. Ended up using 1 from a Raptor 700 atv. They are very similar, but, the think the Raptor grommet was slightly taller and needed "trimmed".
You got a BS response from Yamaha customer service....?
Noooo, I don't believe it, lol

Back