• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

What kind of skis are you using

erich

Hi,

I'm looking to get some after market skis on my 07 Phazer and would like to get the opinions from people using them. I have looked at some of the previous threads about after market skis, but have noticed that a lot of people just mention the brand that they are using, and not the specific model (for example, many have mentioned they use Slydogs, but they have 3 or 4 different models, and other say C&A, but when I saw them on RoyalDistributing, they have around 8 different models).

I ride mostly around the cottage on back trails where it's not groomed, but want something that will handle better than stock when I do get on the groomed trails.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

I put on a set of Curve XS skis this year. They are 7.5" wide and I wanted more floatation for powder and ungroomed snow. And they work great on trails too.

I tried the Yamaha MTX Skis but did not like them. I found the steering heavy and they pushed too much in corners on the trail.

Attachments

• 20141118_195414.jpg
    20141118_195414.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 86
  • 20141118_195408.jpg
    20141118_195408.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 83
Skis are really a preference thing. I've riden with stock skis, slydog trail skis and MTX skis an my preference is MTX skis.

Yamaha tuner skis. The price is right but buy aftermarket carbides for them. The Yamaha ones don't last. They work very well on the trail and I have no darting issues.

MTX ski, way better on the trail than the "trail ski" and 7" wide for good floatation.

Yes, skis are a very personal decision and you will get lots of different opinions on here. I road my Phazer for 3 seasons with Pilot 5.7. Just switched to CA Razors this year that a friend gave me. The CA's float better and turn better on and off trail than the Pilot's. My friend michdog2011 just added a pair of USI X2's this season and they seem to work great on a Phazer as well. G.B.

Back