• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

What size studs on the Sidewinder?

What size studs are you using on your Sidewinder?

• 1.325"

Votes: 6 14.3%
  • 1.375"

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • 1.45"

Votes: 15 35.7%
  • 1.5"

Votes: 5 11.9%
  • 1.575"

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • 1.630"

Votes: 7 16.7%

• Total voters

Doc Harley

TY 4 Stroke God
Country
USA
Snowmobile
'17 Sidewinder LTX SE
I'm listing typical sizes for the factory 1.25 ripsaw ll. Add any comments of your experience. We have new owners that may appreciate your insight. Thank you, Joe

Last edited:

I put 144 1.375" in a three per bar, all singles. Zero issues. Now upgrading to 1.5".

I did not encounter very many hard pack launches last season. Mostly loose snow.

This is penetration with 1.5" studboy PowerPoint

IMG_20171123_093138739-640x380.jpg

Last edited:
1.5" for me. In a 4-2 double single pattern. Haven't got to ride it yet, and know it's not enough. But I have the studs to do the outside when I choose.

Going 1.450" 180..Woodys Megabites, 4 per row all singles, round aluminum backers, outside too, on a 18 RTX.

Went with woodys gold diggers 1.450 singles up the middle 3 per bar on RTX

I put 144 1.375" in a three per bar, all singles. Zero issues. Now upgrading to 1.5".

I did not encounter very many hard pack launches last season. Mostly loose snow.

This is penetration with 1.5" studboy

View attachment 133451
which stud is it,what is its overall length,is it there powerpoint?

which stud is it,what is its overall length,is it there powerpoint?

Studboy PowerPoint. Studboy doesn't list overall length on their website.
How have you been snowbeast? And were you able to take your sled out last year?

Anyone tried hooking up on ice with 180 (4row) 1.375sb or 1.325woodies? Hooked fine or def needed bit more length wise.

No one told me that swapping studs was very similar to "wack a mole" never liked that game......
IMG_20171124_115602188-640x380.jpg

Studboy PowerPoint. Studboy doesn't list overall length on their website.
How have you been snowbeast? And were you able to take your sled out last year?
No still have not ran it on snow yet hoping this year. I am retiring on jan 15th 2018 but will have to wait for a few more weeks till my first SS check arrives and my work benifets.

No one told me that swapping studs was very similar to "wack a mole" never liked that game......View attachment 133476
You ran 144 last year,and now same amount,just going to longer studs? Are you tuned up? If so,you may want to be careful hooking it up hard,you may stress the track more with more bite,and less studs than the extra HP requires.

You ran 144 last year,and now same amount,just going to longer studs? Are you tuned up? If so,you may want to be careful hooking it up hard,you may stress the track more with more bite,and less studs than the extra HP requires.

No tune yet snowbeast. Need help dialing in suspension first. Trying to get the sled to leave a little harder. Nothing serious, just playing.
Going to order a tune very soon. I'll just hold out on the install until other things get sorted out.

Also....I'm positioned to add more studs if necessary.

Last edited:
Honestly while you’re doing it I would go to 192 to start. You may end up as high as 244. My fathers max 4 was running 244 studs with chisels mixed in and she left hard and still had handful break. And even tho it had work done it still had less hp than these.

It ain't nothing like that. Nothing real serious. Lol. Just playing around.

Back