• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

What skis are you Apex Mountainer's running?

Will the carbides hang up when loading and unloading? I have dual carbides and have trouble loading on ramps otherwise love the way they bite.

travelor said:
Will the carbides hang up when loading and unloading? I have dual carbides and have trouble loading on ramps otherwise love the way they bite.

I too had problems with my trailer edges getting gouged from the Simmons skis hanging up. It seems to be happening more often going off the v-nose/drop down saltguard vs. the rear of the trailer/slide in ramp. That must be due to the sled speeds during loading vs. unloading.

I'll let you know once I load the sleds back on the trailer how these skis do compared to my Simmons. Right now there is a "taken off at new" '95 Ford pick-up box I bought from a rancher sitting on the trailer.

Jim

Thanks Jim. I had trouble with simmons when loading up ramp to truck box but these duallies gime me grief unloading off the salt guard as well as truck ramp. Just what you said.

Here's a picture of the SCRX-1mtn with the PPD skis mounted :bling . They sure are hell on the grass :die .

Jim

Attachments

• SCRX-1mtn509Films3.jpg
    SCRX-1mtn509Films3.jpg
    162.1 KB · Views: 91
Well, I got 160 miles on the X-MT skis. They are a major improvment over the Simmons skis. They turn just a good as on the hard pack and eliminated the outside ski from dipping in off camber turns in deep powder. I can now actually make a "$hithook" back up a hill with little effort whereas with the Simmons I had to fight with every fiber of my body to get the same reaction. My wife even manged to ride an entire day without getting her RMK 900 stuck.

The only change to either sled over the summer was the skis so I would have to attribute the change in performance entirely to these skis. I have absolutely no regrets in buying them.

Jim

bmiller said:
What are x-mt skis

The X-MT skis (MT=Mountain) are 7" wide tri-keel designed skis made by PPD Group. PPD is a Canadian company that specializes in various forms of plastic molding. PPD is also the ski supplier for the entire Ski-Doo line up along with some of the other OEM sled models. If you didn't see them on the 2nd page, there are pictures that I took allowing for a good look at these skis before I installed them on my sleds.

Jim

Back