• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

What supercharger kit is this ?

Jwoolno76

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2006 apex stage II MPI SC
Just curious what kit I have on the apex I just bought. Asking because my intercooler and oil tank doesn’t say MPI and the intercooler looks a bit bigger than an MPI. Pics attached.

Thanks guys

Nevermind cant upload pics they’re too big.

Ok thanks kinger I’ll try it now

B87D404A-2C5F-4797-AC26-2863C9DB6DFC.jpeg

that’s what I was told. Every kit I see they intercooler says MPI, thats why I was wondering.

The sleds got a head shim kit, 550cc injectors, hurricane voltage clamp and PCV. 153” cat skid with float evols. Running 10-12lbs. Was told it was around 260hp. Safe on 91 ???

I’m mostly trail riding, /lake riding with this thing.

First 4 stroke, had skidoos for the last 13 years, race sled conversions, etecs etc.

How’s it gonna perform ?

Yes your are safe at 91 with that. Its on the edge of safe but those are the specs you need to run 91.

Well I am biased but I drove a 850 ski doo, Turbo apex, Triple 700, and Tuned sidewinder and the SC apex is the best of them all for trail riding fun. I loved the turbo more on the lakes and the SC more in the trails. Hence why I am trying to combine both in my garage thread.

The power and sound will suck you in if you like that sort of thing. Its the ferrari on snow. The rest of the sled sucks stock, you need a better rear skid, you got that! You need a mtx or RTX seat that is firmer if your over 6' tall, you need taller bars moved forward with a pivot risor. Then pound the heck out of it. No other sled I rode with could hang with me. I am not special the sled is. It just flat flys in all conditions. Top speed on SC is around 120-130mph. You can lose some weight on the sled but more important is to RIDE it; like lean, and pull, and stand, and RIDE it, I feel my ski doo does the driving and I am just there for my good looks, the apex is a true drivers sled, it will try to kill you and you must conquer it each ride. That is what I love most about it!

Have fun! If you are a power junky that loves speed you are now ruined for life. No 2 stroke can compare.

Upload more detailed picts of the sled, looking at the curve skis it appears the PO knew what the heck it took to make the apex the best sled on snow. You may have got lucky if you really don't know much about it.

Wow thanks for the great feedback kinger. The sled has a skidoo RS seat that’s nice and firm. I’m 6’1 and it feels like a good riding position with the riser. I have a mountain mod seat to try also that came with it. It’s got the curve skis on it. Should be a decent setup. Here’s a pic of the whole sled.

I’ll be following your build now it sounds crazy!!

Attachments

• 4E8A61DC-5B6C-4916-B28D-457FA97029C3.jpeg
    4E8A61DC-5B6C-4916-B28D-457FA97029C3.jpeg
    103 KB · Views: 102
Another angle

Attachments

• 4C3E3439-A0CA-42EB-A410-4E45F1E4E55F.jpeg
    4C3E3439-A0CA-42EB-A410-4E45F1E4E55F.jpeg
    34.6 KB · Views: 102
Wow thanks for the great feedback kinger. The sled has a skidoo RS seat that’s nice and firm. I’m 6’1 and it feels like a good riding position with the riser. I have a mountain mod seat to try also that came with it. It’s got the curve skis on it. Should be a decent setup. Here’s a pic of the whole sled.

I’ll be following your build now it sounds crazy!!
Dude that is crazy! You got a sweet deal, it looks like that is a ski doo tank which will be amazing, because it moves all the fuel under and back and makes the sled so much more playful. Ditching the stock gas tank in favor of a doo tank is one of my top mods. Completely changes the sled to 'feel' like a 100lbs less. No joke. When was the chaincase gone through last? If you ride hard in moguled out trails I completely stretch out the chain in less then 1000 miles. Its annual maint for me to swap out the chain. Also use 75W140 gear lube, I found it helps a lot, I got almost 2000 miles on that fluid in there. Its thick and heavy probably costs a little power when cold but you have more then enough to make up for it. :cool:

Thanks Kinger! I just got the new plugs in it, (fouled in garage, too many beer starts). We got about 20" of snow here and its all going to be gone by Saturday unfortunately, but I got the sled out in the field behind my house and o m g. The sled is just wild. I cant believe I haven't owned one of these before lol. The sound is incredible as well.

I'm not sure if the chains been replaced before or not, but the chain case oil was done. That's good to know, around here the trails usually get beat up pretty quick so lots of mogul pounding.

This is the most fun sled I've ever rode by far! Cannot wait for the season to start.

Back