• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

What to buy?

Downlow350

Veteran
I just bought an 03 rx-1, Fully stock. A friend of mine sold me the rumble pack, wich i installed yesterday, and a set of new K&N air filters. I know i need to re jet and get the new springs if i instal the air filters, but im not sure what size jets, and what color springs. Also not sure if the rumble pack calls for any re-jetting either. And, with these mods, will i be driving through the clutch, and not be able to notice the mods? all help is GREATLY appericiated! Thanks!!

Do a search by author to find Supertuer's posts or by air kit in this section and/or the RX-1 section. You will find a lot of info., all the info. you need. I believe there is a write-up on installing the air filter kit in the technical pages section. To get the best performance out of your sled with or without mods, you should go through all the basics such as proper clutch alignment, thorough cleaning of the carbs, cleaning the ends of the coils ticks to be sure they will not arc under use, this is mainly an issue with the 2003 RX-1, making sure the clutch components are within spec. i.e bushings, rollers, ramps are not worn beyond their limits and are moving freely. ALL the details add up, you can spend all the money you want on mods but if the basics are not covered you will be very frustrated. I believe most of the members here have seen the best performance by installing a total package: air filters or air box mod, the right springs (I will be using silver colored springs), the right main jets (I believe the ECP kit calls for 165 main jets), the correct air screw setting (2 turns out from fully closed) and a proper card syncrhronization. I just both a clutch kit from Allen Ullmer for use with the ECP air kit or Ted jannetty's air box mod. Good luck and don't be afraid to post questions. Most people on this site will bend over backwards to help.

I forgot to mention that the exhaust changes alone do not require a jetting change. Nobody has demonstrated any significant horsepower increase with an aftermarket exhaust. They sound better (at least the ones that are not loud) and drop 7-8 lbs from the rear of the sled. i will be installing a Bender trail version of their exhaust, nice sound, not loud, lighter weight but NO power gain.

Back