• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

what to expect?

Stor

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2022 Sidewinder xtx-le
Hey crew I'm new to this forum, my last sled was a 2009 crossfire 1000 and now I've made the switch to my first 4 stroke a 2022 xtx-le
I've heard to pay attention to the chaincase as I'm assuming there is bearing issues?
Is there any else that I should look out for?

You might not want to assume anything … Lol And best to read and research the first darker grey threads titles on this site that have been listed for all sidewinders Owners and you might wish to start with : Known problems and fixes .. This information outlines the information you seek along with much more …

Hey crew I'm new to this forum, my last sled was a 2009 crossfire 1000 and now I've made the switch to my first 4 stroke a 2022 xtx-le
I've heard to pay attention to the chaincase as I'm assuming there is bearing issues?
Is there any else that I should look out for?
Put a couple thousand KM on, then check things out.

3 things must be done for a bulletproof driveline and are a must IMO.

1. Barn of Parts Shaft saver wedge. Anti Seize on the wedge and tq to 50 ft lbs min. I've been going 60-65 if they have any miles on. And do it ASAP!
2. Chain tensioner screws tack welded to prevent loosening and coming out at first chain case oil change if not sooner.
3. A Hurricane roller bearing top gear replacement, Or the DMC bushing top gear replacement. The stock bushing will be worn and on it way out at the first chain case oil change as well.

Run your warranty out....then go from there. Lol.
I just did all the preventative stuff at 3,000miles. But I guess it would depend on how you ride or how lucky you are.
If you only put on 500miles of easy trail riding every year....you get the point.

I came from a good running 190hp 1000 myself, its heavier but you don't notice it unless you get it stuck.

Report back when you have a chance to giver a good hard run. I’d be interested in what you think of the winder in comparison

Might need a neck brace or a HANS device to keep your head in place under hard acceleration. How are the new skis doing in deep snow. You still sink like a turd or do they let you turn in snow?

Might need a neck brace or a HANS device to keep your head in place under hard acceleration. How are the new skis doing in deep snow. You still sink like a turd or do they let you turn in snow?
i'm still playing with suspension adjustments, I bouhgt a adjustable limiter strap to be able to weight the skis as condotions change but so far ,I'm missing my curve-xs that were on my crossfire

Report back when you have a chance to giver a good hard run. I’d be interested in what you think of the winder in comparison
I bought the winder because last year my buddy lent me his thundercat for a northen Quebec tour and abosolutly fell in love with the motor and
I wanted the big lug longer track version. This motor rocks and can't wait to get it broke in so I can really start to squeeze it.

I came from a good running 190hp 1000 myself, its heavier but you don't notice it unless you get it stuck.
I loved my 1000 but time to move on and cat doesn't offer a formitable 2 stroke like the 1000 was

Back