• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

What to use on my 2021 Stryker ski

ricks-rocket

VIP Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2023 yamaha sidewinder srx le eps
I’m wondering what to use on my Stryker ski for carbide. Srx with 192 studs. Do I go single runner or duelly carbide on this ski.

I have read articles on these but never tried them are you running them on the new Stryker ski?

Is Snow trackers made for Stryker ski?

The new ski has the SAME bolt pattern as a Cat ski.. So any cat carbide will go on them. I have a set aggressive sno trackers and a new set of double down sniper carbides to try. Going with the Double down 6" snipers first.. that's a dual carbide. Plenty of happy riders with sno trackers on this new ski and older skis also.

The new ski has the SAME bolt pattern as a Cat ski.. So any cat carbide will go on them. I have a set aggressive sno trackers and a new set of double down sniper carbides to try. Going with the Double down 6" snipers first.. that's a dual carbide. Plenty of happy riders with sno trackers on this new ski and older skis also.
What's the difference between the snipers and slim jim duallys? They appear to have a very similar design just wondering if they handle any differently?

I ran semi aggressive on my sidewinder LTX last year with the strike ski and worked great. No dart and steers lite with good bite in corners. I have run snow trackers on my Apex for years now( best thing I ever did to improve steering) I tried all the others, Hands down better than any other carbide set up you will find! That's my 2 cents

What's the difference between the snipers and slim jim duallys? They appear to have a very similar design just wondering if they handle any differently?
Great question. I don't know the answer to how they differ in the handling department(first set of double down sniper). They look similar.. I have run Slim Jims for many miles. So comparing the two side by side I would say the sniper is a tad shallower, and slightly more of a square type bars. So when setting the two on a bench the slim jim has a deeper channel/height. And I would say the double down might be just slightly wider channel.. When I get a chance maybe I will snap some pics and post.

Ok thank you I will see we’re I can buy some of these double runner style carbides to try this year

I have read articles on these but never tried them are you running them on the new Stryker ski?
Yes I have always used them , I tried it last year without them on the new ski and did not like it . Then put aggressive snow trackers on , they will be going on my new one . I may try semi next time

Rick - do you know whats on the 21 striker ski for carbides now from Yamaha?

Has anyone used bergstrom triple points as a alternative to duel runners??

Has anyone used bergstrom triple points as a alternative to duel runners??
Ran them for a bit back a few years ago. I liked them but feel the dual runner or sno trackers are better for darting. I hate darting.. Its all relevant to your ski pressure and such but...I actually have a used set that have under 700 miles on them.. Cat ski bolt pattern. 8" or 9" inch i believe.. Sell them cheap if your interested in saving a ton of money. To try them ? Pm me if your interested and i can dig them out and take pics.

I'm wanting to caution you guys about Aggressive SnowTrackers on Cat skis.

First I LOVE aggressive SnowTrackers on the old Yamaha skis and on the Doo skis, IMO there is nothing better out there, however I HATE them on the Cat skis. I feel they make the sled unstable with the Cat skis. I tried them on my old 2012 Cat turbo and I had a 9000 in here last year that the guy had just put a new set of Aggressive SnowTrackers on. In my opinion the mfgr missed the balance on the placement of the trackers on the Cat ski. Riding that Cat 9000 here last season I had to keep a death grip on the bars it was so unstable. I feel like the trackers are mounted too far forward on the Cat ski and want to steer the sled on their own, grab and try to tip the sled over. I experienced this on my old 12 and almost had a get off. I took them off and went to stock Cat stagered dually, much more stable. If the Strike ski has the same pattern as Cat be careful using Trackers on them.

If too much carbide is ahead of the spindles centerline this is how any carbide will act. Typically you want 55% or more sitting behind the spindle centerline to keep steering neutral. If more carbide than 55% gets in front of that centerline is where things get unstable, just a FYI. Myself I would never run Aggressive SnowTrackers on the Cat ski unless the mfgr changes things up and moves the wearbar back on the ski further. On the Doo skis the Trackers are perfect and not even close to unstable, you can in fact run single handed on the bars.

I'm wanting to caution you guys about Aggressive SnowTrackers on Cat skis.

First I LOVE aggressive SnowTrackers on the old Yamaha skis and on the Doo skis, IMO there is nothing better out there, however I HATE them on the Cat skis. I feel they make the sled unstable with the Cat skis. I tried them on my old 2012 Cat turbo and I had a 9000 in here last year that the guy had just put a new set of Aggressive SnowTrackers on. In my opinion the mfgr missed the balance on the placement of the trackers on the Cat ski. Riding that Cat 9000 here last season I had to keep a death grip on the bars it was so unstable. I feel like the trackers are mounted too far forward on the Cat ski and want to steer the sled on their own, grab and try to tip the sled over. I experienced this on my old 12 and almost had a get off. I took them off and went to stock Cat stagered dually, much more stable. If the Strike ski has the same pattern as Cat be careful using Trackers on them.

If too much carbide is ahead of the spindles centerline this is how any carbide will act. Typically you want 55% or more sitting behind the spindle centerline to keep steering neutral. If more carbide than 55% gets in front of that centerline is where things get unstable, just a FYI. Myself I would never run Aggressive SnowTrackers on the Cat ski unless the mfgr changes things up and moves the wearbar back on the ski further. On the Doo skis the Trackers are perfect and not even close to unstable, you can in fact run single handed on the bars.
Spot on Mike! I believe the carbide bolt pattern is the same in the cat ski and the stryke.... not so sure this equals bad behavior on the NEW stryke Yamaha ski with the sno trackers.. I will report back on this as I have a set of aggressive that will fit on the new yamaha skis.. Maybe put them on and see where the carbide sits in relation to spindle?

Last edited:

Back