• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

whats the best stock class modifications

redsnake3 said:
my father is running a bone stock 04 rx1 mnt. and is doing excellent. we race 660' and is beating 700 mods and 800 stockers. just wondering what the best mods are that we can do and still stay in stock class. this thing is already beating lightly modified rx1s.
how about some clutching sugg. also are air filters any good?
Thanks

Sometimes when something is running very good, its good to leave well alone. JMO

Dan

That's what I said when I got my warrior....'it's fast enough, I'm just going to ride it, no mods on this sled'....

Well, that didn't last long ;)!

monker said:
That's what I said when I got my warrior....'it's fast enough, I'm just going to ride it, no mods on this sled'....

Well, that didn't last long ;)!

Yeah I hear ya, same boat for me. Allot of my money wasn’t spent wisely though. lol

sometimes if it isn’t broke, why fix it

I was thinking on keeping the Apex simple for this up coming season, but by the time March rolls around I’ll probably have another $1200 in clutch parts, suspension mods, nitous bottles strapped to my back and a turbo jammed into my rear compartment. :o|

Dan

we have custom programable cdi boxes for the rx-1s. as allen said an excellent curve for stockers, and also different curves for high boost superchargers or turbos. jeff

I agree with monker 100,000,000%

I have used both exhausts, and both intake setups. I told monker to go back to a stock airbox, and he picked up in times and mph. The only big change I see now, is changing fuel. Keith Woody was running 10.9's consistantly at ESTA, but is running VP fuel. He said you will gain .2 at the least.
I don't want to go that route, as for keeping it semi-stock, and still running 10's. I am still running 87 octane fuel. I am thinking of all the guys on the site, and want to mod their RX1's without having to go thru the hassle of buying special fuel, or not changing so much over that it wouldn't even be able to call it a trail sled.
Remember, mine has reverse yet. I could get rid of it, but I like being able to pop it into reverse, load it, and play with it. (It shows people you can run 10's down the track, and still have the luxury of a trail setup.)

Jeff - If there is a possibility I could try a CDI box, and see the difference on my sled, if you have a used one I could try?

i don't have any used ones, but give me a call. i can also guarantee you my air filter kit will give you results or your money back. jeff 414-698-6611

Back