• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

What's the smallest enclosed trailer that will fit 2 vipers

I have a 7x12 with 2.5' v-nose ,it's perfect for two sleds and room to change in
The big wheels are nice too. That trailer in pic is 22years old been across country multiple times has to be 100000 mi on it easy. Original bearings with bearing buddies it's whole life. Two blown tires over that time. Always leading the traffic. Believe it or not but that trailer has gone faster than my Viper! Wyoming one boring day.

Lol! I believe it, I have a tundra aswell . Great combo! Thing is, it's cheaper than a sled only trailer and it's moved to kids into university

I have a older style 10' R&R, looks like old northtrail, and mine fits fine with the Cat LXR windshield. That said with this style of trailer you wouldnt want any taller windshield as its real close with the clamshell closed. A very light compact all alum. trailer that works well with my smaller truck.

bss_tmyers244.jpg

How long is the track on LXR?

Thanks, I need a more versatile trailer than snowmobile only. I have Harley's that I'd like to haul some day with a Toyota Tacoma in the future.
Trailer in pic hauled 2 quads to all the Nationals for a few years about 2000 being pulled by V6 Tacoma. Would not ever be in overdrive but never a issue. A aluminum model with small V would tow even easier. Will take a few pics of inside also in daylight. Have a window in door and cots to sleep on. Works great for camping with a easy up for awning. On one trip out west in AZ it was 75 deg in day and 23 at night. Little ceramic heater and Honda generator kept it nice and cozy all night. Most versatile and longest owned piece of equipment I have. Just hauled leaves with it last week!

I ordered an Amerlite 8.5 x 12 with the sharp tapered front. It has the back door loading ramp rather than the tilt type.
Super light weight with lots of room and height for my 2 129" sleds

1624324126963.png

Last edited:
Why am I afraid my 137" won't fit in a 10' clamshell?
you have to have a clamshell with the small bump out in front. As it is longer than 10ft. Ours fits in a 10' Triton Elite, as there is a bump out in front. Don't let anyone compare your 137" Viper to a true blue Yamaha, as they don't compare. The chassis is too different.

Our Viper LTX 137 is longer than an Apex XTX 144". It's all in how the skid is placed in the chassis.

Back