• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

What's your riding conditions like?

Yannie

Pro
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2010 Yamaha Nytro RTX
Winnipeg Manitoba [emoji35]
d5389cda879b83d5f7a7342ba4b0b698.jpg

Looks about the same here..

it started nicely here in Ontario with few November snow storms, since then it all melted away. I am close to an anxiety attack since there is no chance of riding in the foreseeable future (Unless trailing 8 hours) I have to double up my alcohol intake.

We got 16" in lakes region of New Hampshire in November and now down to 2-5" due to rain storms. I got 11 miles on her so far.

Based on some of our snowfalls in November and even early December this year, one would think we were in for another good year. But the weather pattern bringing warm air up from the south has persisted every week and melted the coverage. We are right back to square one now waiting. Need therapy....MS

None existent in southern WI. Maybe some around the first of the year.

IMG_20141218_160435_493.jpg
On trail 8 near Christmas Michigan. First ride of the season for me today, 125 miles.

Only snow round here are the snow piles at hockey arena parking lots. Storm set to hit southern ontario and surrounding area this christmas eve, but it looks like it will be too warm for snow and just be alot of rain...

In the bush it looks like 1nc 2000's picture. Out in the fields it's just a little better then yannie's pic. I've put 35 miles on so far. I kind of figured we'd be in for a poorer season here. Had quite a few long winters actually hoping this one stays a bit shorter. Been far to wet here anyways the past few years.

Trails have a good base on them with about 4-5" of fresh snow on top. The base is from the early storm in November. It's early season riding.
IMG_20141218_160847_269.jpg

Last edited:
Went riding yesterday and it was pretty good. 3 foot base of boilerplate with 25cm's of freshy on top.

How? We got an early November dump of 80+cm's which I rode on November 8th and it was awesome....mid winter conditions in November! It mostly melted but was followed by a massive Nor'Easter that dropped 80cms of snow followed by 80cm's of rain in early December which got us the 3 feet of boiler plate. Finally the storm last week dropped another 25-30cm's of freshy.

Unfortunately the forecast is +7 C and 50mm of rain for Christmas day, but it also looks like 50cm's snow for New Years....... so there's still hope

Crazy start, but a good one, on balance. Hey.....it's fall/winter in the Maritimes!

OTM

Glad to hear you got out OTM. I'm still waiting!

It was looking good here in Saskatchewan in November but a few warm days of above zero temps took most of it away.

Here in Duluth mn, superior wi area its been nothing but a mess. Starting back in early November. 6-8" snow. Gone 2 weekends later from rain. Late November , 6" snow, completely wiped out 5 days later.. 2 weeks ago 4-6" snow. Wiped out with rain. 6 days ago 2" of snow currently being wiped out with rain.

Worst start to the season in about 3 years. After having record breaking back to back seasons in 2012-2013, 2013-2014 , this is brutal, as my fears are now reality, as I just bought a new sled this year...... Go figure.

Nothing but a slushy, damp, foggy , raining miserable mess... :/

Back