• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Wheels adjustment

1049triple

Expert
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2025 SRX (on order)
2018 High Country 9000
2001 SRX 700
I just installed my new Ice Age rails.
When fitting the wheels, I thought there may be a sweet spot were you want your wheels to be deeper than the hyfax.
Right now from memory, my wheels are a minimum 3/8 down compared to the hyfax.
What would be the best position for the least amount of track deflection, a good hyfax wear, and the less resistance of track sliding?
I may grind a bit on slot of the wheel support to be able to lift it toward the skid and have a better wheel placement if that matter.

In addition to the work you suggested, one really old trick from the 1970's is to run a 1/8 inch wide/deep groove in a set of new hyfax on the table saw before installing them. Snow and sometimes ice collects in the groove and helps lubricate the hyfax. It helps in low snow conditions, and back in the day helps the hyfax stay cooler when oval racing.

In addition to the work you suggested, one really old trick from the 1970's is to run a 1/8 inch wide/deep groove in a set of new hyfax on the table saw before installing them. Snow and sometimes ice collects in the groove and helps lubricate the hyfax. It helps in low snow conditions, and back in the day helps the hyfax stay cooler when oval racing.
Yup I drill a thousand holes in my hyfax so the snow packs in and it allow for constant lubrication.

Back