• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

When can i start modding?

SoCoRX1

TY 4 Stroke Guru
ive got 2 RX-1's. 1 is my brothers, 1 is mine. I want to mod the crap out of mine. Ive already messaged the NOS guy asking about that, but i saw a video of this turbo and it looks insane. I want one :lol:

The dealer told me NEVER mod before 1500 miles because at 1500 miles they open up like no other. Ive got about 680-700 miles on them as of yesterday.

is it gonna be bad if i mod it early? i plan to get about 800 miles total on them this season, because it ends in 2 weeks for me. I want to go ALL OUT this summer and be ready for next season. Can i go ahead and mod it or should i wait until next season when ill for sure have 1500 miles...

this summer i plan to pull my sled in the garage and work on it like no other. Id rather do my mods during the summer so in the winter i can take every bit of time i have for riding the crap out of it. Hopefully i can order the turbo by july or august.

m somewhat good with tools, but not really familiar with snowmobiles. I would be following the instructions verrry closely. How long does it take to install?

also, whats the best turbo as of yet? ive seen from 4500-4995 for a turbo. i want the best.

will i also need a new track to handle 200+hp?

edit - the bender turbo stage 2 is also 4400. thats pretty good. Anyone have anything to say about bender stage 1/2?

Which one is batter is a matter of personal choice. They are all good. The main differences between the front and rear mounts is noise. heat and lag. The front puts out heat under the hood. The rear does not retain the muffler and is alot more noisier. The front does and is actually quieter than stock. The front mount will have less lag than the rear mount and get on the boost quicker. You need to vent the heat out of the hood on the front mount. Tyson is offering to ceramic coat the turbo and header and down pipe for $220. They claim it wil reduce heat out put by 60 %.
The install is about 30 hours start to finish. I have 1700 miles on my McXpress with no problems other than I am burning oil. It is very fast.
You will not need to change your track.

man 30 hours. Ill pay 2 people that i know that could build a whole sled from start to finish. Maybe they could get it in 15 hours record time :lol:

Mine includes changing the head gasket. Much more time consuming. a second install would be easier.

Ive got over 2000 mi. on mine. Put it on from day one. No oil consumption, but I don't use synthetic. I have the rear mounted mc unit and the lag is only split second. You can use it to hook up. This monster is a trench digger. You will have to change the track and the drivers because with the stock track you will get a lot of ratcheting. Too much power for the stock drivers. Rear unit has more HP and noise than front mounted unit. Rear unit is about the same weight as your stock exaust. If you are studding your track install 1/4 to 3/8 extra flat bar on your tunnel protectors, don't ask me how I know. No jetting issues with mc unit. Just bolt on and go. And get yourself some good weights for your clutch. Install took about 60hrs. Get one as soon as you can. Supplys will be limited as the next season nears. Goodluck

It means you learn aloton your first install. If you were to do it again it would be easier and faster, having already done it once and figured things out. I agree with changing the drivers, but the track is a matter of personal choice. George is right about the tunnel protection and I know how he knows, because I found out the same way. :oops:

thats exactly why i wont do it. I should know a simple term like that. Ill pay someone else to do it so i dont screw anything up. :roll:

Back