• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Where do I find the "dumbo" hand guards??

I have a set of the red ones that havent even been used. I bought them and threw away the packaging and they didnt match the red I have on my sled so I bought the black ones. Again they are brand new so if you want them you could save some coin

I have some brand new white ones if anyones interested. They were on backorder last year and ordered 1 pair from 2 different placesd and now I'm stuck with a pair. Pm if interested

crippledncrazy said:
I have a set of the red ones that havent even been used. I bought them and threw away the packaging and they didnt match the red I have on my sled so I bought the black ones. Again they are brand new so if you want them you could save some coin

Do you have a white or blue XTX? How do the black guards look?

Maine-Rider said:
Do those handguards really help keep your hands warmer?

I have them and really don't think they help all that much. It would be better to keep two pairs of gloves. thinner ones above 20 degrees and good heavy leather gloves for below. just my 2 cents

I just got the sled this fall so Im not sure how they work but its bigger than the stock ones so it must have more protection. My xtx was blue when I first got it but I bought the black hood and will be soon changing it again :drink:
I am a huge fan of red and black, my c&a skis are red with black ski loops. I am waiting on my skinz protective gear light weight seat and also the airframe hood. I really didnt need it but it looks so cool and should keep my front mount nice and cool as well. But I like the looks of the black dumbo ears the best. I hope they will be good enough because I cant stand the looks of the bigger windshield! I may be freezing my ars off but at least I will look cool :o|

Bought a pair last year and used them. They are good for deflecting alot of wind but they do not keep your hands any warmer. On cold days make sure you have your mittens or a great pair of gloves. And any Yamaha dealers usually has them for sale. :jump:

I think they helped. Keeping wind off your hands in my mind keeps them warmer

Back