• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Where does it OFFICIALLY say Apex is being dropped?

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2012 Apex XTX
Sorry I have been out of the loop for awhile, busy spring, summer, fall. Just wondering where the OFFICIAL notice from Yamaha is that they are officially discontinuing the Apex?

Thanks for the help

In several magazines and at my Yamaha dealer but, RS Vector is to continue on.

My dealer and Yamaha reps at the Milwaukee snow show said it was the last year.

With the way Yamaha is shoving this sidewinder/viper down our throats, my money is on Yamaha getting out of the sled market and just being an engine supplier. They have a dismal market share and make no attempt to sell their flagship sled the Apex. It’s sad.

Its theire weight. Frankly doesnt bother me but so many guys have turned absolutely anel about losing every pound they can......and seeing as yamaha doesnt see this as a priority they are losing so many sales that id say that your notion of them getting out of the sled buisness doesnt seem too out to lunch. Too bad they dont just lighten up theire stuff and be the propper competition that they have been known to be in the past.i personally own 2 apexs and will never be without a yamaha but its just sad that they wont give us what everyone else sees as such an obvious solution to theire reducoulously low popularity problem. LIGHTEN UP YOUR SLEDS YAMAHA OR IT WILL BE THE DEATH OF YOU.

Last edited:
Its theire weight. Frankly doesnt bother me but so many guys have turned absolutely anel about losing every pound they can......and seeing as yamaha doesnt see this as a priority they are losing so many sales that id say that your notion of them getting out of the sled buisness doesnt seem too out to lunch. Too bad they dont just lighten up theire stuff and be the propper competition that they have been known to be in the past.i personally own 2 apexs and will never be without a yamaha but its just sad that they wont give us what everyone else sees as such an obvious solution to theire reducoulously low popularity problem. LIGHTEN UP YOUR SLEDS YAMAHA OR IT WILL BE THE DEATH OF YOU.
They did. Its called a Sidewinder.

I guess I'm in a minority.. don't care about weight. love the ruggedness of a Apex/Vector. I would kill to be able to buy a 2017 Vector XTX . screw the ditch bangers. Any one know a good dealer with one for sale resonable and willing to take my great I mean great condition Attak with 2700 miles in trade and reasonable financing let me know.

They did. Its called a Sidewinder.
Have you seen the weight of a Sidewinder? I’m not really that sure it is less than an Apex. I can’t remember what the actual number is that American Snowmobiler published. But I do remember them showing a turbo Viper LTX had a wet weight of 630 and the Sidewinder was still around 30lbs more. I like the Sidewinder, but it is certainly no lightweight. Yamaha needs to do better.

Why do they need to lighten up the weight of the Apex? It’s not built for the snow cross track or ditch banging. Are you carrying the sled on your back down the trail? Some guys should lose some weight around their mid sections and quit worrying about the weight of their sled. It’s built for groomed trail riding and that’s exactly what it delivers. I’ve owned a RX-1 and 2 Apex’s and have loved riding all these sleds. They’ve made small changes to the sled over the years and it has evolved into what in my opinion is a great groomed trail riding sled. What also sets it apart from the other sleds is the reliability and quality. I’ve logged over 40,000 miles combined on all these sleds and have zero breakdowns. And that means everything when you’ve taken time off work and traveled 7 hours to your riding destination. The last thing you want is a engine failure and I’ve seen plenty of them on the trail. Nothing worse to ruin your vacation. So I’ll continue to ride the overweight Apex with a smile on my face and watch the other guys with tears in theirs eyes behind a tow strap. I’m currently shopping for a 2018 Apex. I want one more before they’re discontinued. Between my new one and 2013 I’ll have plenty of continued great miles in my future. To each their own.

Why do they need to lighten up the weight of the Apex? It’s not built for the snow cross track or ditch banging. Are you carrying the sled on your back down the trail? Some guys should lose some weight around their mid sections and quit worrying about the weight of their sled. It’s built for groomed trail riding and that’s exactly what it delivers. I’ve owned a RX-1 and 2 Apex’s and have loved riding all these sleds. They’ve made small changes to the sled over the years and it has evolved into what in my opinion is a great groomed trail riding sled. What also sets it apart from the other sleds is the reliability and quality. I’ve logged over 40,000 miles combined on all these sleds and have zero breakdowns. And that means everything when you’ve taken time off work and traveled 7 hours to your riding destination. The last thing you want is a engine failure and I’ve seen plenty of them on the trail. Nothing worse to ruin your vacation. So I’ll continue to ride the overweight Apex with a smile on my face and watch the other guys with tears in theirs eyes behind a tow strap. I’m currently shopping for a 2018 Apex. I want one more before they’re discontinued. Between my new one and 2013 I’ll have plenty of continued great miles in my future. To each their own.

I agree fully. I Have had 3 other Vectors & loved them. These sleds are trail sleds & that what they were built for. I bought a 2018 Vector & I will enjoy it like I DID THE OTHERS. I will always be a true fan of PURE Yamaha sleds. I don't care about weight.

Great post.

I resemble that remark LOL if I remember right that was a Rodney Dangerfield line. Also one of the reasons I love Apex’s still. Yea the sled could loose 50-70#s and so could I.
Neither likely to happen soon.
Boy I ate to much today!

"Some guys should lose some weight around their mid sections and quit worrying about the weight of their sled."
Good one.
Jim
08 APEX

Great post.
Dont ask me that question.....ask all the buyers of s
kidoos arctic cat and polaris that are turning yamaha sleds almost to be a thing of the past. All Yamaha has to do is make their sleds comparable/competeable weight wise and they would be back on top like they were in the mid 80s. And its all about there non willingness to change the one thing people care more about then reliability......weight!!! It will end them.

Back