• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Where to park truck in tomahawk?

Jeremy1472

Veteran
Country
USA
Snowmobile
16 srviper ltx-dx
Heading up to tomahawk in morning. Can anyone give any recommendations as to where we can leave the truck that is near trail?
Tomahawk area or slightly south of?

There's a rest area right off 8 by oaks pub. Turn left off 51 onto 8 go about 2 miles. It's right by the intersection off the road that goes through town. I see vehicles parked there all the time. Or there's a gas station on 86 just off 51 that has a big lot also.

There is also a pArk and ride on S right after you get off 39. It's just west and south of the ramp. Trail runs right next to it. My place is straight east 4 miles on Silver Lake. Let us know what conditions are, I'd like to get back up this year.

There is also a pArk and ride on S right after you get off 39. It's just west and south of the ramp. Trail runs right next to it. My place is straight east 4 miles on Silver Lake. Let us know what conditions are, I'd like to get back up this year.
We used the park and ride. We seen decent snow in merril so we wasted 2hrs trying to find one of the several paarking ares shown on map. Nobody seems to know where these are.
Any who we ended up using parking off 51 and s
They had 4or5 inches of fresh snow overnight. Seems like ice under that. Bearskin up to minocqua would be ok if they would groom it. Overall trails were good. Hazelhurst bartender said 12 to 14 inches coming Saturday night.

Thanks for the update. Unfortunately, the weather for next week is not looking good for the snow to stay. We've only ridden there a few times in the last 5 yrs. and I really miss that area. Oh well, maybe NEXT year will be better.

Got my son and future daughter in law up in January . Her first ever trip and she's from TEXAS !! Snow god shined on us with good snow the Monday before they arrived. She's hooked now !

We used the park and ride. We seen decent snow in merril so we wasted 2hrs trying to find one of the several paarking ares shown on map. Nobody seems to know where these are.
Any who we ended up using parking off 51 and s
They had 4or5 inches of fresh snow overnight. Seems like ice under that. Bearskin up to minocqua would be ok if they would groom it. Overall trails were good. Hazelhurst bartender said 12 to 14 inches coming Saturday night.

Yea that’s a good place to ride from or hwy8 and county N (old 51) north of town. Hazelhurst bartender was being generous with that forecast. Suppose to get 6” according to weather nation. Stay out west and north by the willow flowage and trails should be good until Wednesday. This warm weather is killing us

Back