• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Which Bibs/Pants work good for tall riders?

4Fighter

TY 4 Stroke God
Country
USA
Snowmobile
'07 Attak GT
Can someone over 6'-4" recommend a good, inexpensive (under $200) bib? One that doesn't ride-up when your knees end-up higher than your hips?

I am 6' 5" and I wear the Yam FR Crew Bibs. I love them and they don't ride up at all.

I am 6'6" have a pair of Reima Highmark bibs...they are a bit pricey, but excellent fit and quality!

Where in da UP are you, eh?

I'm 6'4 and have the cabellas extreme weather gortex bibs, they usually go on sale about now and I think I got them for about $230.00 for xl tall. They are warm and fairly thin fit great and don't leave the racing stripes in the shorts after a day of riding.

192 Woodys said:
and don't leave the racing stripes in the shorts after a day of riding.
I wondered what caused that............Hmmmmm, my bibs don't seem to ride up that high.....................

Yes sir, without the talls the cotton art is inevitable after a good day of riding :shock: :oops:

yama_yooper said:
I am 6'6" have a pair of Reima Highmark bibs...they are a bit pricey, but excellent fit and quality!

Where in da UP are you, eh?

Sault Ste. Marie

Thanks everybody ;)! Hey Chris, maybe I can cut my bibs in half and sew them onto the legs of the next pair? :tg:

Good and cheap don't go together very well...I wear Klim bibs or Free Rides, both are excellent in fit and in weather protection. They have proven to be 100% waterproof, keeping me dry all day long and adding greatly to my riding pleasure.

I agree. Good and cheap don't go together. Case-in-point, my 7 yr. old Polaris bibs.

I found out it's not a good idea to try and order bibs this late in the season though. Fortunately, I was able to find and order a pair of the '05 Yamaha Vapor bibs in size XLT for $159.00 Hope they work?

I've been told that snowmobiling gear is cheaper at the snow-shows in the fall than if you tried to find stuff this spring. That doesn't seem to make sense, it should be cheaper in the spring.

I'm not a tall guy but, I use the FXR Team pants. They are a pant that has an extension that goes up above your waist line like a bib does. They offer excelent mobility and have a built in snow cuff in the legs that attach to you boot lace (or D-ring if your boots have them). The list price is $180; I got me and the wife a pair for $149.95 including S&H each from www.thesnowmobilestore.com located in MN. The picture he has are of the '03 style. For an idea of what the '05 style looks like go to www.fxrracing.com and click on snow, then pants, select team and then the color you want.

I'm 6'5" and I recommend Cat bibs. Their tall sizes are TALL! They have plain black (or used to anyways), they are warm, excellent quality and best of all ....made in the USA, and should be going on sale at a dealer near you anytime now.

Back