• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Which ski do people like better on Sidewinder, Cat Ski or Pilots?

I still consider myself a newbie. Heck probably always will. I’m not certain there is a perfect ski combo. Some guys love pilots some don’t. Some love curves, Mohawks and arctic cat skis etc and some don’t. I got two guys I know running winders with stock tuners that can out run me thru any corner with my curves. I think a lot has to do with tweaking the sled for the skis and also experimenting with carbides.

What shocks are on your SW? I have limited adjustment with the hpg coil overs. If I bump up front track shock it seems to teeter back & forth. Not sure how else to lighten ski pressure. I really want to like these Mohawks.

If you know how to set up a sled for your style and skis you have on hand you could probably run two by fours and be just fine! It’s all about balance kinda like clutching. Asking about two skis is like asking about Ford and Chevy. So I go Chevy. OCD might say Glock and a sock??

If you know how to set up a sled for your style and skis you have on hand you could probably run two by fours and be just fine! It’s all about balance kinda like clutching. Asking about two skis is like asking about Ford and Chevy. So I go Chevy. OCD might say Glock and a sock??

Very good point!
Every ski will need certain carbides & suspension set up to get the most out of that particular ski for your particular riding style in your particular area.
If a ski bites real bad then sometimes less ski pressure is required. BUT then the front rear shock may be too stiff for comfort.
I now have my sled set up for what i ride MOST of the time. One click of the shocks & some body language takes care of the other conditions.

As MrJonforFun points out, every ski will work pretty good. Need to set it up.....

I’m going to say Cat skis because that’s what I use. Are they better? Who knows! But still thinking about two by fours with some bend on the fronts? Treated of coarse! Maybe get OCD to shoot some holes in them for carbides? Yea I like that idea.

Back