• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

who did i talk to with the xcr's for sale at haydays about my SW

up.mi.man

Extreme
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2017 sidewinder ltx se
need to know what you said about shaving the helix.
Thanks Dale

Sounds like maybe the helix shimming deal? to help with coil bind.

What is likely better now, is using either the new Dalton secondary spring or the new TP orange secondary spring, cheaper too.

Dan

Thanks Dan that is exactly what i was talking about are you the person i talked to?

Lol no, I was not there....

But that is a pretty common thing many of us did last season, machining the helix pocket to reduce any coil bind on torsion spring. Recently though we have had two new springs released, so that will be the new fix this yr. No machining needed with these.

There is a thread not too far down about the new springs....here is link below, start on page and read downward for both the Orange TP spring and then the new Dalton black/orange spring a few posts downward.

https://ty4stroke.com/threads/so-clutch-gurus-what-helix-is-the-one-to-go-with.149278/page-3

Dan

Thanks Dan that is exactly what i was talking about are you the person i talked to?
If you were talking to Dan you would have remembered that for sure!;)! Great guy and great to talk to. I met him last year when we were looking at the SW at our dealer and even though I had no intention of buying a SW 8 Month's later I did. I blame it on Dan and now that I'm buying springs, clutch kits helix's GPS's and belt adjusters I'm blaming him for those too.:tg:

If you were talking to Dan you would have remembered that for sure!;)! Great guy and great to talk to. I met him last year when we were looking at the SW at our dealer and even though I had no intention of buying a SW 8 Month's later I did. I blame it on Dan and now that I'm buying springs, clutch kits helix's GPS's and belt adjusters I'm blaming him for those too.:tg:
Lol Joe....

And back then I was not "on the band wagon" yet for the SW. I was still holding back last fall with my suspicious mind about certain things, like belt life! Ha.

But always being the one after the big power/speed.....it was inevitable that a yammie powered turbo got back into my shop.

This is definitely a sickness of some sort. Sled modding has been a weakness of mine since I was about 12 yrs old, and many a EX lady will agree with that statement! ha. I even still have an old classified ad from the buffalo news from around 1989, where she put an ad in asking "The Mach" if Daniel can be free for an evening from clutching. She had a very creative mind. Blew my mind when I stumbled upon that ad!

Dan

Haha, took a pic of that old classified ad....too funny!
ad.jpg

Back