• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

who made plate to solve the track hitting under the tunnel

I like that plate, even got the holes for some turbo cooling. I am sure that is a lot nicer than the one we'll get from Yamaha. How thick is it and who makes them/sells them?

Slymax, I got that plate from Red Deer Yammy. They are a little pricey and they come a little rough. I cleaned mine up. I would have made my own but i was in a major rush to leave for Revy when all this track damage thing came to light. I heard CR racing has a plate as well. Never seen it yet though.

just got the one from cr racing. i was hoping for a more complete system, just got the plate with no instructions or holes or where to bolt it? oh well, we'll get it installed, looks good anyways. noob

Can you post a pic or email me a pic of the CR product. Either mounted or not. I need another one for the wifes sled and am curious about CR's. Thanks

i brain farted and took it straight to the dealer without takin a pic. i'll get one when i get it back from the dealer, hopefully tomorrow. noob

I cut my bracket in half and added a turbo screen saver.

Attachments

• turbo screen saver.JPG
    turbo screen saver.JPG
    78.5 KB · Views: 84
Red deer won't have any till next week, wanted something for the weekend. Will try and find some aluminum in town tomorrow and make something. Anyone tell me how thick these plates are ? Look like 1/8 or 3/16.

1/16 is really thin, I don't want to make it that thin. I'll see what I can find, I was thinking 1/8 might be too light but maybe not. Thanks

Slymax call your RTA and they will tell you this info. and fax you the picture of how to cut the tunnel. I found out about it a 3 weeks or so ago I just called and asked what are we doing to fix this. This was there fix.
The plates do clean things up but if you just cut the tunnel bracket off no track rub.

Slymax, 1/16 is thin but once it is riveted front to back it is very strong, you would not notice the thickness issue. It also gets a lot of strength from the muffler support bracket which the plate covers. I thought it was thicker when i had it in my hand. It wasn't until you asked i measured it and was surprised it was actually 1/16. If you do make it thicker don't make it as wide as mine because you will not get it past the top rivets. I guess it depends on your design, he he. Just some food for thought.

I bought a chunk of 1/8 and made it up myself. looking back i could probably have gotten away with 1/16, it would have been a lot easier to bend and work with. It's done now and is really strong and alleviates my worries about damaging my turbo and track.

Back