• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Who ordered?

Im saying the manufacture and dealers are sitting in a good situation AND are taking advantage of it! Its not a buyers market at all. Nothing more.. If guys have the money and want to pay MSRP and lots of add on fees, go for it..

That we agree on. But, the manufacturers would much rather be in a high volume, discounted price market because again, the retail price is set by the manufacturer which dictates dealer discounts and the dealers eat the consumer price discount unless there are manufacturer incentives.

Yes, given the current market/manufacturing conditions the manufacturers have an opportunity to raise prices with some justification and have. Part of this is real (prices are up everywhere including the cost of labor/parts). The market always wins however in the long run because as soon as conditions improve, the manufacturers who are in a good financial position and have line capacity will ramp up production, prices will level off, and discounts will come back into play. That is what puts the post sales (used) market in the position it is in today where some vehicles are worth more now than when they were purchased originally.

AND this whole thing will help dealers, I might be in the market for a Cat this next winter.. And maybe I shop dealers with inventory mid season? Guessing we may see more inventory available at dealers this next season..

If this year is a barometer, yes. There are yamaha dealers in canada now with inventory (23s). There are always those buyers that will back out of a deal before delivery.

If this year is a barometer, yes. There are yamaha dealers in canada now with inventory (23s). There are always those buyers that will back out of a deal before delivery.
Not sure about Yamaha but cat dealers were allocated 70% of sleds being manufactured.. Based on what I have heard >thinking 2024 sleds will be available at dealers.. Maybe more then years past? Guessing

Last edited:
Not sure about Yamaha but cat dealers were allocated 70% of sleds being manufactured.. Based on what I have heard thinking 2024 sleds will be available at dealers.. Maybe more then years past? Guessing

It would be good for the industry to see sleds in dealer showrooms. I hope it works out that way.

THIS is exactly what the manufacture wants IMO. They can not loose money in this situation the way the market is. AND the dealers do well in this situation.. So the 14 that didn't get want they wanted> what do they do? They go to a dealer and outbid the 25 guys on a waiting list for sleds?

The only problem with this is that the dealer told me there will be no floor inventory. He said the 2 spring orders will be the only 2024 sleds he will see all winter.

Last edited:
Finally got a sled pre-order confirmation yesterday. In all that mess Friday I actually got 2 payments thru on a LTX GT. One in the 600 range and one in 2300 range for order of appearance. Should call and cancel the late 1 or the wife will boot me out.
I wonder if that means at least 2300 sleds were reserved? Thanks

I am not sure where you guys are located, but there are a lot of leftovers of all brands in Ontario dealers and Quebec. I also heard in New York is even worse. I have seen 22 Polaris's on the dealer floors. BRP cut the commodity charge but did raise the price.

In saying this, I decided to try something else and ordered a 2024 XRS 900R Renegade. No SS Shocks and no 10" gauge. 4000.00 CDN cheaper then an SRX or TCAT in Ontario, Canada.

Last edited:
I am not sure where you guys are located, but there are a lot of leftovers of all brands in Ontario dealers and Quebec. I also heard in New York is even worse.
I can't find ANY Yamaha left over sled inventory.
looking for an EPS Sidewinder.

The only leftovers I see are Doo and Poo. I have not seen a leftover Yamaha or Cat in 2 seasons.

The only leftovers I see are Doo and Poo. I have not seen a leftover Yamaha or Cat in 2 seasons.
Not sure you will see them in the states, but they are in Ontario and Quebec. You have to look but they are there. I could find 2022 TCATS in quebec all last summer.

Back