• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Who's still runnin?

I'm hoping to get out one more time this weekend. I can't believe how fast the snow has melted, but some trails in my area are still green, or yellow, but not closed yet! So, who is still running??? What's the latest in the season you were still putting miles on?
We did 400 miles in the county last weekend&definetly a couple weeks left,last ride last year was April 15th.still had plenty of snow but had to go back to work as i haven't yet landed a job as a trail conditions tester ,bummer

Still running in Northern Ontario, Kapuskasing area, did 180kms Saturday and 270 Sunday. Planning to ride this weekend. Didn’t need scratchers cause it snowed both days lol. Trails are great, I know some places have bare roads but with the crust I can bypass all of them off trail.

Awww man your in prime area there! I see all the trials are still green! I hope that WAWA stays green next weekend cause my group was talking about heading up. Too bad guys are busy this weekend. Next year I'm gonna make my way up to Kap for sure, ride that area. I hear the trails are beautiful! Northern Ontario is the MECCA! (if that's how you spell it)

Took the day off tomorrow to pick up my sleds at "camp" in Jackman, ME, but the latest postings on Facebook show flat groomed trails in Jackman & Pittston Farm, so I am going to take one more ride before I bring the sleds home!
I was thinking of doing the exact same thing!

p.s.s you guys are getting 20 cms I hear!!!!

Awww man your in prime area there! I see all the trials are still green! I hope that WAWA stays green next weekend cause my group was talking about heading up. Too bad guys are busy this weekend. Next year I'm gonna make my way up to Kap for sure, ride that area. I hear the trails are beautiful! Northern Ontario is the MECCA! (if that's how you spell it)

My sled is in summer storage now. Took my last trip to Algonquin Park Ontario a few weeks back, all the trials are now closed with the exception of extreme northern Ontario due to lack of snow

Went out yesterday for 100kms by myself. Trails are getting bumpy but still open . It rained all day here so I fear it might be over.

I rode here in Vermont on Saturday. This coming weekend is the last weekend of the season legally. There will be riding available I'm sure, but I'm not sure I want to run my sled through a bunch of crap to get to the good stuff.

I dropped my sleds off at the dealer to have them serviced for the summer layover, and today Jackman (ME) is due to get a foot of new snow, with more on the way tomorrow. There was rideable snow in November in Jackman, so it has now been a 6 month riding season, what a year!

Well it has rained non stop for 2 days. Trails turned red. Season is all but over. (unless I get a call that says let go to Wawa!) Which isn't gonna happen. So 3000kms for the year. If your still riding, I'm jealous!

I just saw on the news that a blizzard is coming for some of you guys.

I just saw on the news that a blizzard is coming for some of you guys.
We are going back north this weekend,received between 4-8inches yesterday&more today,some clubs still grooming&the snow pack up north is deep,seems most everyone has given up as we haven't been seeing many other sleds,makes getting a motel or seats for lunch easy though

We are going back north this weekend,received between 4-8inches yesterday&more today,some clubs still grooming&the snow pack up north is deep,seems most everyone has given up as we haven't been seeing many other sleds,makes getting a motel or seats for lunch easy though
I heard grooming is continued from Jackman to Pittston Farms. Where are you headed?

I heard grooming is continued from Jackman to Pittston Farms. Where are you headed?
Jackman and Pittston Farm are still grooming, but who knows how much longer they can afford to do it? Pittston Farm posted on FB that they had actually taken over the section of the Rockwood trails that connects Pittston Farm to Jackman because Rockwood has given up for the season. There is incredible snow out there right now, and a Jackman to Pittston Farm round trip will give you @ 120 miles of really nice riding. The bad news was that Pittston Farm is out of gas, so your sled better have good fuel range, or you will need to carry some with you in order to make it back to Jackman.

Jackman and Pittston Farm are still grooming, but who knows how much longer they can afford to do it? Pittston Farm posted on FB that they had actually taken over the section of the Rockwood trails that connects Pittston Farm to Jackman because Rockwood has given up for the season. There is incredible snow out there right now, and a Jackman to Pittston Farm round trip will give you @ 120 miles of really nice riding. The bad news was that Pittston Farm is out of gas, so your sled better have good fuel range, or you will need to carry some with you in order to make it back to Jackman.
Good info right there

Back