• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Why are Waverunners more Expensive?

SqueezeER

Pro
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2020 Winder Ltx LE
I'm looking to buy a PWC so I did some pricing. I guess in typical Yamaha fashion, Waverunners are way more expensive than Sea Doos. When comparing skis in the same category, Yamaha is like 3-4k more. Why? I love Yamaha, but I love my money more.

Anyone have any reviews to share?

I'm the other way around. I know I can't take my money with me but there is a rumor about our Yamahas.

brother has 2 of the newer wave runners, 1 1800cc cruser and a 1050 entry model, that i have driven. they are fun enough and really stable compared to the older ones. good on fuel too. have not ridden newer brp stuff so i cannot say if the price is worth it.

I'm looking to buy a PWC so I did some pricing. I guess in typical Yamaha fashion, Waverunners are way more expensive than Sea Doos. When comparing skis in the same category, Yamaha is like 3-4k more. Why? I love Yamaha, but I love my money more.

Anyone have any reviews to share?

They are worth the 3-4k more, thats the short answer.

I am not sure what you are looking for exactly, but Seadoos have tons of problems, both small and large. If you buy a naturally aspirated Waverunner it will last well north of 1000 hours with minimal issues and maintenance. A supercharged one will last a loooooong time as well, but if you start modding it you may have issues with premature supercharger clutch failure.

Seadoos you will have problems. They have more features and gimmicks, which means alot more things to go wrong. Previous years you had to rebuild your supercharger every 100 hours or else you would risk catastrophic engine failure. New ones are supposed to be maintenance free, but I would believe it when I see it.

The BRP stuff looks nice and rides nice, but thats about it.

I got price on a GTI 155 SE, out the door with a trailer, around $16k Canadian. Its in the recreation category. The waverunner comparison would be the VX units. They are like 4k more out the door. The GTI motor is bigger.
To compare prices, to stay at my budget, I would be looking at the Waverunner EXR at that $16k price. Its in the rec light category, with very little storage. From what I've researched, its about 8 mph slower than the GTI.

I have a 2018 VX Cruiser. Its engineering is as incredible as we should expect. Turns on rails. The TR-1 engine is the most advanced engine ever produced for a watercraft. Stainless impeller bushings etc.

I would buy Yamaha all day every day over sea doo.

Back