• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

WHY DO I SEE SO MANY NYTRO'S FOR SALE?

re

Kilometer, kindly put your information where your from in your profile as this goodamn trail rider likes it on trail and will not answer to a goodamn off trail guy. Read the post jagoff!!! I said that I wish the dealer would have told me. I would have bought a different sled. If you are a mountain guy than go back to the nytro mountain area. I simply made the point that I feel as though I was mislead.

enticeraised said:
DamonJones- have you ridden a shortie Nytro? It is not a powder sled, neither is the xtx. You will bury both of these sleds in powder. I have stretched my shortie to a 144, 1 3/4" and it still isn't a powder sled

By powder sled I meant anything more than a hardpacked trail.

Yamaha does not bill any of the Nytro's as a straight trail sled. The XTX and RTX are billed as a Rough Trail - Race Replica Sleds. Which to me means an agressive riding style sled. IMO they really should bill these as boondocking sleds. The shorter tracks with the ergos of the Nytro make it perfect for playing in the trees. Your just not going to do it in heavy pow pow.

To me, like bh0396 stated, this is misleading. My suggestion would be to build trail sleds and build off trail sleds. Quit trying to cross them over and if you do build them give them a name of their own so not to be lumped together with the other models. Compromise only means that it will not do either as well as a dedicated purpose sled. Which has it's place but there will be no confission as to what you are buying. This way no one can complain that "this model" sled is a POS in "these" conditions.

DamonJones said:
enticeraised said:
DamonJones- have you ridden a shortie Nytro? It is not a powder sled, neither is the xtx. You will bury both of these sleds in powder. I have stretched my shortie to a 144, 1 3/4" and it still isn't a powder sled

By powder sled I meant anything more than a hardpacked trail.

Yamaha does not bill any of the Nytro's as a straight trail sled. The XTX and RTX are billed as a Rough Trail - Race Replica Sleds. Which to me means an agressive riding style sled. IMO they really should bill these as boondocking sleds. The shorter tracks with the ergos of the Nytro make it perfect for playing in the trees. Your just not going to do it in heavy pow pow.

To me, like bh0396 stated, this is misleading. My suggestion would be to build trail sleds and build off trail sleds. Quit trying to cross them over and if you do build them give them a name of their own so not to be lumped together with the other models. Compromise only means that it will not do either as well as a dedicated purpose sled. Which has it's place but there will be no confission as to what you are buying. This way no one can complain that "this model" sled is a POS in "these" conditions.

The RTX is a " trail sled " hence the name " Rough Trail Xtreme"....The XTX is in the crossover category...it's designed to be good on and off trail...that's why they did the tip up on the rail at the 121" mark...so that it corners like a 121" sled yet you get full use of the 144" when you want to go off trail

IMO, the reason that you see so many for sale is that the Nytros do not have the reputation as being a tough sled. The subframes bend with minimal impacts and that's a fact. If it's not bent yet, it will eventually.

I think most of the ones you see for sale are already bent and the owner has repaired it and is trying to unload it. The others you see for sale are owners who have not been able to dial in the sled's handling.

I think most of the ones you see for sale are already bent and the owner has repaired it and is trying to unload it. The others you see for sale are owners who have not been able to dial in the sled's handling.[/quote]

my brother and I both have XTX, they are hard to dial in the suspension. On trail way to tippy and postivie steering wears you out. Off trail it is ok if you go to a deeper lug track it will perform better. He put a 2 inch lug track on it and went out west and got his butt handed to him trying to climb. with the tip up rail it trenches when you climb so his fix was he unscrewed the gas cap drove it out and drove a RMK under it and screwed it on. way to heavy when your stuck. I think some people get frustrated spending 8-9000 then spend another 2-3000 to get it to ride better when they should have just spent the extra 2000 and got the sled that fits their needs. research research

Grimm said:
IMO, the reason that you see so many for sale is that the Nytros do not have the reputation as being a tough sled. The subframes bend with minimal impacts and that's a fact. If it's not bent yet, it will eventually.

I think most of the ones you see for sale are already bent and the owner has repaired it and is trying to unload it. The others you see for sale are owners who have not been able to dial in the sled's handling.

I don't think the subframe has nothing to do with it... I just believe that the Nytro just does not fit everyone's riding style. Just like the REV did'nt. IMO, the Nytro is just like DOO's REV as far as ride is concerned. I also believe that Yamaha defintely blew the shock calibration out the window on these sleds, which makes it tough for people. This sled can be dialed, but it takes a while to see where it's limits are, which gets people frustrated. Yamaha really F(&&^% up the calibration on every sled, since they started the 4 stroke market. Like I said earlier and many times before the shock guy or the person who decides on the clibration for these sleds who they are intended for should be fired..... Nobody should be allowed to F*&^% that many times.... My Apex was the same and so is my Nytro... Also the internet always seems to blow crap way out of proportion at a huge rate....

Re: re

bh0396 said:
I would love the dealers to open their pie holes about which is truly the trail sled.
You're 100% right and it really sucks when you get talked into or talk yourself into the wrong sled. :o|

You may have mentioned that you would be riding with etec gades during your discussion and the dealer tried to put you into what he felt was the most comparable sled. :dunno:

In any case, it all boils down to research and being honest about your riding style and needs. Hitting a demo ride or even better finding a dealer who will arrange a more personal demo is really the way to go in this day of a high dollar sleds.

Re: powder special

YamahaFreak said:
enticeraised said:
Loves it! :die
LOL great pic! You go over the bars?

No, I had just crossed a road and was only going about 5km/hr. It was very sunny out and I was heading south bound. It didn't look that steep :jump: - haha. Snow was rotten and the old girl nose dove in... :Rockon:

Yamaha has a race department? Yamaha dealers are definitely pushing riders into Nytros when they should be selling them Vectors. Can't say I blame them though, if they have 6-8 Nytros sitting on showroom floor in mid- January, they need to get rid of them before spring. Worked at a Polaris dealership in late 90's and we sold a 99 700xcr triple, triple piped sled to a 69 year old guy to use for ice fishing, just to get rid of it. ;)!

nytro

I took a ride on a new vector, and it would be a sweet trail sled. I fixed my yami powder blues with a m1000 cat. Now that thing is a true powder sled!

yamahabandit said:
Yamaha has a race department? Yamaha dealers are definitely pushing riders into Nytros when they should be selling them Vectors. Can't say I blame them though, if they have 6-8 Nytros sitting on showroom floor in mid- January, they need to get rid of them before spring. Worked at a Polaris dealership in late 90's and we sold a 99 700xcr triple, triple piped sled to a 69 year old guy to use for ice fishing, just to get rid of it. ;)!

lol, thats funny! Not only is that not the right sled for that 69 year old man...but damn were they ugly!

I think people are selling their nytros because they are not as "gas and go" as everyone was hoping they would be. They wanted a high performance sled that they could change the oil on once a year and just pound on all winter. Well the sub frames bend, bushings wear out FAST, ball joints wear out FAST, exhaust donuts wear out FAST. These are not things you just pull into the garage and change out before a ride either. I pounded on my 02 mxz for 8000 miles and never changed a single bushing or ball joint and it was tighter than my nytro with only 3000 miles on it.

I say forget the 4 stroke for the wife, go find a really nice polaris supersport 550 fan, or a 500 liquid. Valve the shocks for her weight and drive that thing for what will probably be 10,000 trouble free miles.

I am thinking of selling or trading my 2009 XTX for a hold over 2010 or maybe even 2011 XTX. I love my XTX. The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence.

Needs lots of adjusting if you want it to ride right. Then you get it to ride right and it has lots of issues with hifax wear and limiter straps wearing out and breaking. If your not one to mess with things I wouldn't do it, if you are and get it right it's a blast

Back