• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Why do used mini's cost so much.

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2015 yamaha sr viper ltx dx
20171219_194056.jpg
Why do these little buggers hold such high values. they don't seem to deprecate much in value, $900 to $600 for a decent kitty cat but old as dirt. $2000 something for a old yamaha sno scoot, From the 80s early 90s
$1000 to $2000 for a used 120cc is
Ridiculous. These prices are for late 90s models or early 2000s. I can buy a newer full size for less. Maybe I'm just cheap but these things should depreciate in value just like everything else. Regardless I bought a used one for the kiddos for a xmas.

Last edited:

Supply and demand...

Very low supply and high demand drive the price up on anything. Its nuts what these things bring used but unless the new ones go down in price I dont see the used ones getting any cheaper.

look at it like a investment as long as your kids do not destroy it you will get all or most of your money back plus kids are happy

the Yamaha sno-scoot and sports were new in 1988, 89 & 90---the dealers couldn't give them away at the time----I remember the dealer I worked at trying to get rid of them for I think 999 out the door---- they were marketed towards adults for a close to home toy----but in reality they are the perfect kids sled---now if you can find one for under a grand you better jump on it---- Tod

the Yamaha sno-scoot and sports were new in 1988, 89 & 90---the dealers couldn't give them away at the time----I remember the dealer I worked at trying to get rid of them for I think 999 out the door---- they were marketed towards adults for a close to home toy----but in reality they are the perfect kids sled---now if you can find one for under a grand you better jump on it---- Tod

X2

View attachment 134724 Why do these little buggers hold such high values. they don't seem to deprecate much in value, $900 to $600 for a decent kitty cat but old as dirt. $2000 something for a old yamaha sno scoot, From the 80s early 90s
$1000 to $2000 for a used 120cc is
Ridiculous. These prices are for late 90s models or early 2000s. I can buy a newer full size for less. Maybe I'm just cheap but these things should depreciate in value just like everything else. Regardless I bought a used one for the kiddos for a xmas.
Please don't take this wrong, but when I first saw your photo I thought your sleds were toy models. But as for kids sleds, I am too in the market for an original snow scoot or sport

$1000 in 1988-90 is what in today's money? I had a scoot for my kids when they were younger, so much more fun than a 120 mini.

Back