• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

why does the search engine suck

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am in agreement with most of the posts. I gave up using the search function years ago. I use google also.

One more question, why do I have to open each thread in different tab instead of just clicking on the headline? If I click the headline, and click back, it tells me I cannot make another so soon. Not complaining, just curious.

I searched why does the search suck and I did not get any results

hurr-durr-derp-face-you-shoulda-put-a-derp-on-it.gif

Indy said:
One more question, why do I have to open each thread in different tab instead of just clicking on the headline? If I click the headline, and click back, it tells me I cannot make another so soon. Not complaining, just curious.

We encourage this to reduce the load on the server. MY understanding is this: Whenever you use the back button to get to the search results you just had, it performs the search all over again which is a load on the server. Times that by 10-50 users at the same time and ....... Searches are one of, if not the largest resource drain on the server. Bandwidth goes up, processor load goes up. Hence the time restriction on the search function.

Hope that helps!

And since I am a Moderator, I get to post in locked threads. :tg:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back