• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Why does the TY4 site keep reloading?

I also hated how it kept on clicking, but after I started using Firefox and AdBlock Plus, the problem was solved (for me at least). Thankfully it also works on really anoying avatars, smiley's and pictures, just right-click and block... Best program I have on my 'puter!

It really speeds up loading news-sites and such also, which are usually heavily advertised...

The vendors on here are allways posting if they have a special sale or a new product, so I wouldn't say I have missed out on anything...

Listen to sirius radio or a disc or whatever while you are visiting forums.

I am usually listening to Stern or some music.

Sometimes I go to wgn radio, click on Milt Rosenburg and listen to some pretty heady talk radio

Posted this a while back

If you truly dislike the clicking here's how you fix it. Blame Bill Gates not Mr Sled it's built in to the code they give you to create some of this stuff.

1. Open Control Panel
2. Go into Sounds and Audio Devices
3. Click on the TAB labled Sounds
4. Scroll down to the section regarding Windows Explorer
5. Click on the one that says Start Navigation
6. Change the Sound to none!

This will stop it from clicking in any Web page that have this code and not effect any other sounds!

I listen to music all the time, through my computer.
I just did the "hack" that Convert said and it worked. I really think these computer things are going to catch on.Thanks.

In addition, in that same location where you set the Start Navigation sound to none, I set all but the startup, shutdown, and empty recycle bin to none. I just can't stand any of those "cutesy wootsy" sounds Billy boy came up with for every stinking thing that you do on this here devil machine! (BTW: couldn't live without my TY so I put up with using this bloody thing!)
:rocks:

The instructions to kill the sound works fine on a laptop with access to Control Panel. However, on my Pocket PC, every time the site clicks, the virtual keyboard disappears from the display. You think hearing the click is annoying, try typing and have the keyboard disappear on you every few seconds. On the PPC, I can't seem to find any setting that precludes this, and this is the only site that seems to do this, including the Forum that we run using the same Forum Software. ??? :o|

It's actually nothing to do with the forum it has to do with IE and it's default settings Len what PPC do you have I'll see if I can dig one up and play with it. Is there a version of firefox for the PPC yet?

It is one of Alltel's HTC PPC 6800. What is happening is; when I use the stylis to type, the keyboard clears from the screen on the TY banner relaods. It is not a really big deal. I can use the hardware keybord. But TY is the only site I have run into with this. And, I can go from other sites to other sites w/o this happening. ??

Thats a tough one not sure I could get my hands on one of those. We've got trio's, blackberry's etc... but no Alltels where I work. So just for clarification yours has a function where you can get a normal keyboard template by pressing some combination of keys, when the banner refreshes that keyboard dissappears right?

Len that is acting more like your mouse settings. Try turning off the Hide your mouse while typing in your mouse settings.

Back