• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Wide band Commander Vs Wideband 2

Mike Kroener

Lifetime Member
Could someone explain the differences in these two units?

I currently have a PCIII, Ign module, and hub with switch which I purchased from you (Ulmer). I run two programs, one being for a 90 shot of N20. Was wondering which Wideband to purchase to monitor the 02 level. I would also purchase the LCD screen. Looking to watch 02 levels on the screen, with a light at a preset ratio.....haven't been able to find the info I am looking for.

Or would I be better off selling the PCIII and going to the PCV? If yes, would I still need the module and hub?

What I am looking for as an end result:
1) use of the LCD screen with 02 tell tale light
2) The ability to have mulitple programs (4 0r more) and the ability to switch between them easily or even on the fly.
3) Looking to maximize performance while keeping safety and simplicity of operation in mind.
3) straight forward installation (The PCIII was really simple)

Thanks in advance for your time.......

Mike Kroener

well, if you stay PCIII I have a LCD, and wideband commander I would sell very reasonably...

Thanks MTdream,
I will keep that in mind. I am still doing research on which system is going to do what I need it to do....

Mike

Mike Kroener said:

I currently have a PCIII, Ign module, and hub with switch which I purchased from you (Ulmer). I run two programs, one being for a 90 shot of N20. Was wondering which Wideband to purchase to monitor the 02 level. I would also purchase the LCD screen. Looking to watch 02 levels on the screen, with a light at a preset ratio.....haven't been able to find the info I am looking for.

Or would I be better off selling the PCIII and going to the PCV? If yes, would I still need the module and hub?

2) The ability to have mulitple programs (4 0r more) and the ability to switch between them easily or even on the fly.
3) Looking to maximize performance while keeping safety and simplicity of operation in mind.

Mike Kroener

Since you have the PCIII it is easier to go with the Wideband Commander. The Wideband Commander is designed to work with the PCIII setup and will plug right into your PCIII with the correct cable.

So with the PCIII, Wideband Commander, and LCD screen you can plug them all in together if you order the Wideband Commander Base Kit with LCD-100 cable. I have several of these at the shop on the shelf. I believe retail is $330 and I have to double check what I have them setup at for a price.

The Wideband Commander 2 is really setup for the new PCV. It does not have a LCD screen option that can plug directly into the PCV yet, but it can be bought with the LCD screen and be setup to show throttle position, rpm, etc, it is just more work to setup.

Srxspec said:
Mike Kroener said:

Mike Kroener

Since you have the PCIII it is easier to go with the Wideband Commander. The Wideband Commander is designed to work with the PCIII setup and will plug right into your PCIII with the correct cable.

So with the PCIII, Wideband Commander, and LCD screen you can plug them all in together if you order the Wideband Commander Base Kit with LCD-100 cable. I have several of these at the shop on the shelf. I believe retail is $330 and I have to double check what I have them setup at for a price.

The Wideband Commander 2 is really setup for the new PCV. It does not have a LCD screen option that can plug directly into the PCV yet, but it can be bought with the LCD screen and be setup to show throttle position, rpm, etc, it is just more work to setup.
So what does all this do for a stock sled allen?? If one does this and the other does that,dont each work on there owne merit?

catchmeifucan said:
What is included with Wideband Commander Base Kit with LCD-100 cable and what was the price?

The Wideband Commander Base Kit with LCD-100 cable is $330 and includes the Wideband Commander and the LCD-100 cable. You would still need to purchase the LCD screen for viewing.

mnmsnowbeast said:
So what does all this do for a stock sled allen?? If one does this and the other does that,dont each work on there owne merit?

Power Commander = fuel adjustment

Ignition Module = ignition adjustment

Wideband Commander = Air/Fuel Ratio reading

LCD Screen = Datalogging & Map holding

Back