• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

widest ski

Kuzzy

Expert
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2020 yamaha sidewinder xtx se
2022 STX GT
2017 King Cat M9000
what is the widest ski you guy run or have seen run? im tired of the turbo side ski dropping into the deep snow and getting hung up. Looking at the slydog 8", but i swear that the stock ski is around 7" already, so it doesnt seem like enough of a difference. could have sworn i seen something at a show that looked nearly 10" wide.

Yamaha makes an 11inch skin. It is actually 10.5 inches. And it is long too. Amazing difference on my VK Pro.

There have been a few posts that they are prone to damage which is not my experience.
They are cheap anyway.

thanks, i will look into that! I have heard that yamaha skiis dont work very well on Cats, but Cat skiis work well on Yamahas....something to do with the mount point, but i will poke around and see if there is anything out there on the interweb

Just ordered a set of 8” slydogs for my nytro from royal. They had a pretty decent price on them so figured I’d splurge for the old girl lol. Gabe has them on his nytro and seems happy with them. Haven’t had any real deep snow to really try the new sled out in yet.

Just ordered a set of 8” slydogs for my nytro from royal. They had a pretty decent price on them so figured I’d splurge for the old girl lol. Gabe has them on his nytro and seems happy with them. Haven’t had any real deep snow to really try the new sled out in yet.
I decided to do nothing right now, just going to run the stock ski this trip. I have those C&A XCS skiis i might try out next time, but i have realized that my problem so far is not flotation, it is that my suspension is not setup very well to climb on top of the snow. So i have been messing with the suspension to get that to happen. Should stop the right ski dive i have been experiencing, but ill know after this coming weekend. And yes, for 350$, the 8" slydog are a real bargain.

I run SLP Mohawks, the skis have great flotation in deep snow,

the track however sinks like a stone... seriously, but I am a trail guy set up for trail

Back