• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Wildchild rider forward steering post kit

Freak

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
Cant wait to ride this thing and not be sitting in the back yard. :Rockon: Kit was fairly simple to install. All bolt on and a quick drill bit to enlarge the holes.

Attachments

• forwardpost.jpg
    forwardpost.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 340
  • stockpost.jpg
    stockpost.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 355

Re: kit

summitking said:
looks really good.so do you think it will feel more like a apex?

not one bit. it makes it closer, but the apex is night and day for handling even with the relocation done on my ex trx. noob

steering

nope that doesnt make sense to me.trx-noob by moving your bars froward you are changing the stance in other words making it a more rider forward stance like the apex.all i want to know is it going to carve as easy as the apex does

been riding with mine for over 500km now on my vector wouldnt say exactly the same but close you have to do a bunch of suspention ajustments because you move forward so much more when i jump from my vector to my freinds apex they are close think apex is still a little farther foward though but i realy like it feels much more natural to me ;)! ;)! :4STroke:

Attachments

• ride forward (2).JPG
    ride forward (2).JPG
    68 KB · Views: 322
Are you using the Wildchild kit? Or did you move it forward yourself? Wilds kit moved me forward at least 5 inches. ;)!

At the dealer in town they had a RS and an apex sideby side. I lined up the front ski spindles and did some comparisions. The foot wells are in the exact same place. the only difference is that the handle bars are mounted futhur forward and more vertical on the apex. It looks like this mod would put the rider in the same postion. My first attempt at a new riser failed this week end but it moved the handlebars up 2 inches and forward 2 inches. This worked great and I loved. Will a modified system max an rx or rs handle like an apex, probably not but the riding postion will be the same.

Is this getting you further forward than a 6, or 8" pivot style riser block? Nice looking sled 4strokes, kind of hard to see what this kit does from the pics. I remember seeing detailed pics on this kit somewhere, anybody have it bookmarked?

Thanks, Mark

kit

ya iamvectors kit is a wildchild kit i was there when he was making it.there a nice kit they look factory

Attachments

• Apex Rear Rack.JPG
    Apex Rear Rack.JPG
    88.4 KB · Views: 283
here is some pics guys kit is around 190$ it includes new post chromoly powder coated the color you want & all the parts needed.great guy to deal with & very nice stuff. as for cables you get more cable length when you move everything forward.i have a 6inch riser + taller bars & it works no prob. when you move the bars forward you can stand farther forward so your weight is over the motor like the apex & makes the sled respond quiker. ;)! ;)!

Attachments

• wild child kit.jpg
    wild child kit.jpg
    153.9 KB · Views: 272
  • wild child kit (1).jpg
    wild child kit (1).jpg
    147.6 KB · Views: 283
  • wild child kit (2).jpg
    wild child kit (2).jpg
    146 KB · Views: 282
  • wild child kit (3).jpg
    wild child kit (3).jpg
    144.1 KB · Views: 281
  • wild child kit (4).jpg
    wild child kit (4).jpg
    147.8 KB · Views: 322
Are the kits soemthing that can be bolted in or is Heliarcing required?

I think that would make a big difference in the final cost if one had to have soemthing MIG or TIG welded.

Also, is there a nice cover plate that covers the old handlebar hole in the cowling or is it left open?

Frosty

There is no welding. The only fabricating is you have to bore the 4 mounts holes just a little bigger to 3/8".

There is no cover for the hole but I have seen some guys put there speedo there to cover it. I dont run my tank cowling so it made no diference.

If you look at my sled now it looks like it should have came this way from the factory.
Wildchild is great to deal with. I had him build mine with a 1 1/8 top bar instead of 7/8 and I use the Fly riser for their 1 1/8 fat bar and run it upside down. I did this because there is a lot of torque on the lower end of my riser when I hit the flipper!

Back