• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Wildchild Steering relocation

itsfun

Country
Sweden
Snowmobile
-03 RX-1 Mountain
Is it possible to get a hold of this kit still? I have an -03 RX-1 MTN that needs it.

Have done some google:ing but no recent info.

I kinda doubt that he makes the kit anymore, the sled has been out production since 2005. Have you tried pm'ing him on Snowest?

Last edited:
I kinda doubt that he makes the kit anymore, the sled has been out production since 2005. Have you tried pm'ing him on Snowest?

I have not, but i will try, thanks!

I did send him a PM, not doing it anymore. He suggested i find a delta frame from an Apex. :)

I did send him a PM, not doing it anymore. He suggested i find a delta frame from an Apex. :)

That's what I did. It was the result of a wreck rather than a planned mod though.

Was pulling a hill and at the top it was icy. I had zero traction and I came down backwards and the sled barrel rolled to the bottom. The snow was very set up and hard and it did a lot of damage including shearing my steering hoop.

I was going to have it welded, but I found an Apex delta frame for about $75 delivered (to Alaska, I think it was something like $35 and $40 freight) on Ebay, so I went that route. There were lots of RX delta frames, but I thought, why not move my steering forward while I'm at it since it would cost about the same. The Apex delta frame came with a steering stem too, and since that was damaged as well, it was win-win.

You're going to have to cut your hood and gas tank cover and there will be a big hole where the old steering stem used to come out of the gas tank cover. I use that for empty beer cans now.

I had already relocated my instrument cluster to my handlebars, so I don't know if you'd have to address any of that or not. All I have on my hood are headlights now. Got tired of constantly replacing all of the fragile plastic parts and windshield, so I got rid of everything but the headlights.

Back