• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

will 2 apexs fit 96" wide 12' trailer

joe haddock

Country
USA
Snowmobile
06 yamaha apex gt 1998 polaris trail touring
I am still looking for a trailer found a pace drive in drive out, doors on both sides in V 96" wide inside and 12' long. my 2 apexs measure 49" wide at ski . Is there a way that these will fit. I tried ratchet strapping pulling skis in to 46.5". do these sleds need a wider trailer or is there a trick to make them fit or do i need to go with like a 7x18 V nose .Thanks in advance as I put money down on this trailer

I am still looking for a trailer found a pace drive in drive out, doors on both sides in V 96" wide inside and 12' long. my 2 apexs measure 49" wide at ski . Is there a way that these will fit. I tried ratchet strapping pulling skis in to 46.5". do these sleds need a wider trailer or is there a trick to make them fit or do i need to go with like a 7x18 V nose .Thanks in advance as I put money down on this trailer

You should look for a 102'' wide trailer. The only way that I could see that working is if you put one in backwards.

Thanks it is a 102" wide trailer it only measures 96" inside .

When a buddy with mountain skis comes with me, we tend to overlap the skis. If you have low enough windshields, you could build up the center ski guide on one side about an inch and that would allow one ski over the top of the other without shaving plastic each time. It's an option if you already have the trailer. As you will not find one wider if it is already at 102" That's the legal limit on width. Unless you find a trailer with larger inside width.

thanks I know 102" is widest. The 1 ski on top of other I never thought of. I can ratchet strap the drops that attach a arms to skis in about 1 minute and get skis to 46.5" but I wasnt sure if any damage could be done. I thought there had to be some people on here with 2 apex side by side in a trailer. May be i could put a 2x6 on floor just outside ski on 1st sled and use as a guide and then drive 2nd ski in and have ski on top of 2x6. just thinking . Or just go with a 7x18 with 5' v nose

I know some trailers they fit. Mine has been in an enclosed next to another armband they fit no problem. They are all mountain sleds if that matters.

Enclosed 102(8.5) trailer, it's a car trailer but fits both easily.

Putting one in backwards makes it much easier to walk around inside when there are 3apex mountains and 1 rx1 mountain.

Other option is lift one with a jack and drive the other in and set the first down on blocks.

I know some trailers they fit. Mine has been in an enclosed next to another armband they fit no problem. They are all mountain sleds if that matters.

Enclosed 102(8.5) trailer, it's a car trailer but fits both easily.

Putting one in backwards makes it much easier to walk around inside when there are 3apex mountains and 1 rx1 mountain.

Other option is lift one with a jack and drive the other in and set the first down on blocks.

I have a triton trailer elite 102'' & that's a inside mearsmemt. I put 2 Vectors on it with no problem, ski's don't even touch each other.

102" united here and i can fit my apex xtx with mountain skis and my brothers rx war with mountain skis or my other brothers rs venture gt with mountain skis in side by side without the skis being on top of each other.

IMG_3761.JPG
My 2 Nytros (rtx/ xtx) fit staggered in a Rance 7 x 12 + 4 1/2' V (16-6 overall) with no problems.
I've had a 144" xtx + buddy's 137" viper in there as well, was a bit tighter chassis wise but worked.
If I decide to go new I'd go a bit bigger 18-20' just for the little extra room.

View attachment 142375 My 2 Nytros (rtx/ xtx) fit staggered in a Rance 7 x 12 + 4 1/2' V (16-6 overall) with no problems.
I've had a 144" xtx + buddy's 137" viper in there as well, was a bit tighter chassis wise but worked.
If I decide to go new I'd go a bit bigger 18-20' just for the little extra room.

This has nothing to do with trying to load sleds in a 96" wide double trailer but interesting. Quick tip for you, inline trailers load from the front, then it's not even a tight squeeze. Good luck.

Mine fit side by side with room to spare (2 inches) in my 2016 Sport Haven Hybrid. Width of trailer is 98"
New sled.jpg

my both snowmobiles measure 49" at wides part of ski . who else has apex's how wide are they. I bought them used, maybe springs are weak? or need adjustment?

Quick tip for you, inline trailers load from the front, then it's not even a tight squeeze.

That's how we load our snowmobiles in our inline trailers.

This has nothing to do with trying to load sleds in a 96" wide double trailer but interesting. Quick tip for you, inline trailers load from the front, then it's not even a tight squeeze. Good luck.

Mine isn't big enough to actually have them "inline", that's why they're staggered.
To me it doesn't really matter, I can drive out either door but normally do load front to back, they still need to be the same way.

The load from the front for “in line” trailers is so the last sled in -narrow track end can sit in the V making the trailer seem longer and comfortably fits staggered sleds (skis next to seats) much better
If you don’t have a deep V - but a rectangular space- it wouldn’t matter load front or back.

So inline trailers are NOT in line but staggered- ski next to seat not ski to ski
I like inline much better for trailering, backing as well as load in and out basically because I can see so much better

Back