• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Will there be a 2021 Venom next year?

Grimm

TY 4 Stroke God
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2018 MXZ 850
Maybe. For years, since the demise of the Phazer, Yamaha has left a large gap in their lineup, missing out on the huge market in the 80-100hp segment that Skidoo's 900 ACE 4 stroke now dominates. But maybe Yamaha will have an answer next year.

Every so often, I like to search trademark name applications from all sled manufacturers... And see that Yamaha has trademarked "VENOM" on December 30.

Let's hope that this will be a whole new sled designed and built by Yamaha. A new engine in a new chassis sure would be nice and refreshing eh?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200104-220122~2.png
    Screenshot_20200104-220122~2.png
    204 KB · Views: 622

The thing I notice is SX instead of SR, the SX600R became the SXVenom until they ran out of trailing arms at the factory. You would think they have went SRVenom if it was still Cat/procross based. I'm thinking Yamaha version of the Blast but the previous Venom was a step up from the Phazer so maybe something totally new in the ACE 900 range? Cammed up 847 or De-tuned 998na ?

Bringing back old names from "The good old days" of Yamaha does not necessarily make sales.

No, but it might mean a new sled in a different riding segment. Since Arctic Cat isn't releasing anything new for 2021 (at least at this point), it could mean a Yamaha built sled.

No, but it might mean a new sled in a different riding segment. Since Arctic Cat isn't releasing anything new for 2021 (at least at this point), it could mean a Yamaha built sled.

I think that you might be on to something here Grimm. Could it be the long awaited and highly anticipated Japanese built performance sled that the blue blooded Yamaha faithful have been clamoring for?

Heck, I recently brought back the SX-R moniker on this sled: https://ty4stroke.com/threads/sx-r-sidewinder.158834/

Artic Cat has released their 2021's! I also would think the blast models are something new and then some!

"Viper", "Sidewinder", and "Venom", definitely follows the common theme that Yamaha has established for its current snowmobile line. Realistically, the only real new sled available on the horizon for Yamaha to utilize is the AC Blast. Unfortunately, I suspect it will just be a rebadged Blast with the Cat 2-stroke motor rather than a Yamaha 4-stroke, but hey, if it is blue, I still want one!

Back