• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Will this fit a 166?

this is the best i can give you. Sorry. i just went for a ride today so tomorrow i will take some better pictures when it dries off.

Attachments

• DSCF0169.JPG
    DSCF0169.JPG
    92.2 KB · Views: 72
  • DSCF0170.JPG
    DSCF0170.JPG
    95.7 KB · Views: 76

Pics from my skid

here's some pics I took of my skid out on the ground.

Attachments

• 100_0624 (2).JPG
    100_0624 (2).JPG
    207.2 KB · Views: 77
seems like thats what mine looked like. i will take pics tomorrow though for you for sure.

on a side note, i have done a crazy amount of jumping yesterday and today and the skid has held up great.

Wes, I have a mountain addiction skid and just fixed the same thing that broke on yours. Mine is all aluminum and it snapped at the head. I dont know what caused it.

Skid info

Anyone have a contact number for these skids? Tuco do your limit straps go to the very front cross shaft like mine do? Or do they go around the second shaft where the rails get taller? Like SoCoRX1's? Wondering if that is our problem... As far as I can tell all the shaft/hym joint that broke does is hold the limits tight?

Spoke with Larry

Larry said it was due to limit straps being to long. This allows the cam (the black piece with the broken joint) to rotate to far hitting the underside of the track and the support cross shaft causing the breakage. Simple fix, shorter limiters and a new joint. Thanks for the info! :rocks:

Well that would explain mine breakage then. I loosened up my straps before my last ride. Thanks for the info.

sorry got home after dark. hopefully the flash shows enough

Attachments

• DSCF0172.jpg
    DSCF0172.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 69
  • DSCF0173.jpg
    DSCF0173.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 71
  • DSCF0174.jpg
    DSCF0174.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 72
so i just checked it out in the daylight, and that top bar that is horizontal is definitely bent. I am going to call ekholm as soon as possible and find out what is up with this.

Tuco and i go to the same yamaha dealer, and the mechanic there is very good. he knows exactly how to fix it and it is going to get fixed before my ride on sunday

Ekholm said just cut about 1/4" off each side since the threads take up about an inch, and put it back in and the problem is fixed. he said it is simply too long. By shortening it to the right length he also said you can get better weight transfer

Southfork Sooner said:
So why didn't it come from Ekholm the correct way?

Most aftermarket skids are one size fits most. Since tunnels vary in width and design some modifications are required. No big deal really it would just help if they mentioned this sometime.

Back