• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Windshield no more

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2008 venture lite
Wiped out today took out windshield, brackets any cheaper place to buy them? Found front skis to be to skinny what are people using for wider skis? Does Yamaha make a nice mountain bar that looks good on my venture lite? I kept grabbing for a bar to try and tip the sled over, any tips to make it easier to tip on side? Also got stuck on the lake track spun down to the ice and couldn’t get moving the temp today was +10

I have 8 inch wide Slydog Powderhounds on mine and like them very much. Regarding tipping the sled, most of us find the thing way too tippy.

Haven't heard of any aftermarket windshields for these sleds. Probably you'll have to look at the used market or new Yamaha. I have this guy locally that may have one, don't know if he would ship:
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/2504803906462052/?surface=product_details

I had Camoplast (Canso) all-terrain skis. They're 7" wide so not bad for floatation but those Slydog 8" would be better but pricey.

For bars, do you mean like a mountain loop or do you mean hooked ends? Probably any hooked bars would work, those for Phazers most likely. Don't remember seeing any in Yamaha accessories but I would imagine any loop would work.

Last edited:
I have curves on my phazer they seem to work well off trail. You could also look for a set of used Yamaha mountain ski’s as most of the mountain riders remove them(I have them on my rx1 warrior and the front stays up way better than stock).

Back