• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Windshield

Nytro1386

Veteran
Country
USA
Snowmobile
'13 Nytro XTX
Hey guys i bought a new winder this year and not sure if i want to put a different windshield on. I dont need one to stay warm just wondering if guys that leave the short ones on have troubles with there gauges getting snow covered while riding.
Thanks for any help

Haven't had snow piling up on my gage pod but I don't ride deep powder. IMO, windshield height, color, etc are personal preference.

I have the low stock windshield on my 18 50th, and I have never had any snow pile up on it. But I too trail ride, and don’t go off trail
And bust powder. But on trail there are no issues with a low windshield and snow on your gauge pod.

I will say the stock SE windows are VERY warm. They work well in their design to throw wind around. Yet they look really decent IMO and are fairly low looking. Stock LE or SRX windows are basically nothing and fine for my tight trails as we sweat alot, but the big trails of Qc the SE window was king for me. Bonus, you can actually grab KEY easy with a larger window like the SE.

Dan

LE stock ultra low came with 50th...
IMG_0607.jpg
IMG_0609.jpg

SE stock window
IMG_1529.jpg
IMG_1530.jpg
IMG_1536.jpg
IMG_1538.jpg

Thanks guys. Just not sure if i want to get a different one if not gonna be needed. I mainly trail ride but the last new sled i bought , which was my 13 nytro xtx i had to put a windshield on it just to keep snow off my dash.

If you like the look of the low windshield...as I do, don’t go get another one. No snow on my gauges from trail riding at all.

Ok thanks i am thinking of riding and then if i start to get more snow on there than i want i will just go buy one at that point

I had the SE windshield, first trip to Cochrane last winter, rode afternoon into evening, almost died soon as sun set it got so darn cold with the wind on my upper chest. Next morning I called their yamaha dealer, got thr medium windshield and haven't looked back. Way warmer and most of all, much less wind noise on my helmet and I ride. BRP Oxygen which is already quiet enough. Night and day much better with medium!

I had the SE windshield, first trip to Cochrane last winter, rode afternoon into evening, almost died soon as sun set it got so darn cold with the wind on my upper chest. Next morning I called their yamaha dealer, got thr medium windshield and haven't looked back. Way warmer and most of all, much less wind noise on my helmet and I ride. BRP Oxygen which is already quiet enough. Night and day much better with medium!
JayM - any way you could come up with the part number for the "medium windshield?"
Tks.

JayM - any way you could come up with the part number for the "medium windshield?"
Tks.

This is what I have, mirrors as well! Looking cool is fun but not when it's cold and more wind noise :brrr:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191108-100959_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20191108-100959_Chrome.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 97
This is what I have, mirrors as well! Looking cool is fun but not when it's cold and more wind noise :brrr:
I got the same windshield and mirrors at the end of last year. Nice and warm. The windshield even had the pilot holes for the mirror kit already in it.

I got the same windshield and mirrors at the end of last year. Nice and warm. The windshield even had the pilot holes for the mirror kit already in it.

Yeah that was a very easy install!

Back