• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

winshield height 2010 vector

ranger dave

went for a ride sat. night with with first cold temps below 0 and do not like the stock windshield on my 2010 vector. anybody have suggestions for one that offers decent chest and hand protection?

Yea, get better gloves & jacket. Just kidding.

I know what you're saying, I'm 6'3" and it hits me pretty good too. I put gauntlets on the bars for really cold days. As far as the chest air, it doesn't get me cold at all, but I feel it.

You can get a tall windshield. I think there is even an extra tall & wide, like what the Venture has. But that looks pretty queer, IMO.

I didn't go the taller shield route because a tall windshied won't clear the top of my trailer. The stock mid-height misses by maybe 1-2" so that option is out for me. So, if you haul in an enclosed, do some measuring before you put a taller shield on.

I have the x-tall windshield on mine and it is great for wind protection and warmth. Well worth the $$$

RangerDave
A larger windshield will help a little. I ride with guys who have all types of sleds with all types of windshieds and most have had cold hands at one point. The problem is that most people wear gloves. I enjoy having the fancy FXR jacket and pants and Baffin boots that keep me toasty, but nothing keeps your hands warm like a pair of good leather mitts. They may not look as pretty as the the gloves,but either does stopping every 15 minutes so you can stick your hands in your armpits.
Roz

thanks for the info, i'm getting a kimpex from dennis kirk. should have it on tomorrow night. the stock one looks nice but just didn't offer enough wind protection for me. i usually ride with gloves until the temp starts dropping below 0 , then i switch to mittens

windshield

I'm 6'7'' and with the stock shield I got it right under the chin.I put on an OEM designer shield and that solved the problem.Totally different shaped,about one and one half inches taller and much wider in the right places.Even fits in enclosed trailers.

Back