• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Wisconsin trail pass

hognit09

Expert
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2016 viper ltx le,2016 viper ltx dx
has anybody had success with putting the trail pass below the headlight on the rough black plastic ? Want to run a cross tour windshield on colder days and the shorter one for most days. Just not confident that the sticker will stay on in that spot, otherwise I’m just gonna buy 2 trail passes

I haven't put my WI trail pass in that location. But I have put my MI trail pass in that spot and it does stick. But the spot can barely fit the smaller MI trail pass. I don't know how your gonna fit that huge honkin giganticaly oversized, double-quadriple extra supersized, gaudy WI trail pass in that spot.

BTW - did I mention the WI trail pass is too large for that space? :D:D:D

I haven't put my WI trail pass in that location. But I have put my MI trail pass in that spot and it does stick. But the spot can barely fit the smaller MI trail pass. I don't know how your gonna fit that huge honkin giganticaly oversized, double-quadriple extra supersized, gaudy WI trail pass in that spot.

Right?!

Not sure why I bothered wrapping my sled if DNR was gonna do it for free.

I don't have any pics yet but I mounted a number plate with two bolts on my windshield for this reason. I will put trail passes on the number plate and be able to switch plate from one windshield to the other and not have to decide before he season which one one I'm guna use

LOL , I think they could make it bigger-NOT !

DNR told me that I could not put a sleeve on windshield, and move sticker from windshield to windshield

DNR told me that I could not put a sleeve on windshield, and move sticker from windshield to windshield
Of course they would, but there is no law saying you cannot do that, if you yourself are riding one snowmobile at a time, you can switch trail permits, they are not vin or registration linked, maybe in some states or provinces, but not in Wisconsin.

It actually says it has to be affixed directly to windshield. But he did tell me that I could put it below the headlight, but I don’t think it will fit there

If you put some clear tape under the trail permit that's fairly easily removable, you can transfer it much more easily from whatever surface you stick it on

IMG_1596.JPG It does say directly to the windshield but I'm usually not doing anything wrong VX1R was saying he talked to a mi dnr on the trail and they had no problem with his set up and he had a plate mounted on his handle bars. I would think if that's an issue your getting something either way at that point

Back