• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Wobble bearing outer race stuck in chaincase

PAvector

Lifetime Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2014 Yamaha SR Viper
Tried to pull the upper chain case heavily worn wobble bearing and the bearing came apart leaving the outer race in the chain case. I tried using a bearing puller on the inside of the race and can’t get enough traction. I don’t want to pull the chain case do to back issues. What are the options?

My Procross upper slid right out in my gloved hand after heating. Will the race budge if you heat the bejesus out of the case?

Last edited:
Heat the case. I had same issue with my 2014. Heat worked like butter.

If the bearing has come apart . I use a mig welder and weld 3 short lines symmetrical on the inside center of the race . So to speak were the balls run in the center of the outer race and 3 short welds 1/4 of an inch long . By welding on the race the weld will cool and shrink the race and general you can pull the outer race out with your fingers when it cools off. I've done this many times over the years and works good for me . I'm sure you can find a video on YouTube and watch how it's done . I'm the welder guy by trade .

With a heat gun and a 3 jaw puller on a slide hammer, you should be able to get a hold of the lip of the race and coax it out

The drive bearings on these pro cross sleds are no way near as tight in the housings as a yamaha fx or delta box chassis - which should make it easier

When I installed all 4 on my sw, with heat they just slipped in. No major hammering with a bearing driver
Ms

Back