• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Wolverine oil blow-by

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2008 FX Nytro RTX Anniversary Edition
1979 Enticer 340
2009 FX Nytro XTX
Hi all,

New to the ATV side.Just bought a used 2001 350 Wolverine, seems to be in good shape and low miles from what I can tell. The problem is Oil coming from the engine breather tube. After we go it, changed all the fluids and filters. It did have some oil on the side of the cylinder when we got it, but didn't think anything of it. Compression is 145. Valves were adjusted to spec. After a tank of fuel the oil went from the full mark to add mark and found oil in air box. It runs like a champ, does not smoke or seem to burn oil. Just wonder if anyone has any ideas why its push the oil out to the air box.

i have always found a heavy oil residue in my air box but i have usually had the bike running on a pretty extereme angle a few times before i checked the air filter. i think it might be normal as my uncles bigbear does the same thing.

i can go into the shelter and check again if you need me to.

Back