• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Wondering about my turbo numbers I'm reading what do they mean?

ryan11007

Extreme
So my intake air temperature what is too high of a temperature?let me know Celsius or Fahrenheit

Also air to fuel ratio numbers what is the minimum and maximum? Wondering what it means. whats good whats bad?

Any one know of good routine maintenance to do on? looking to learn about my turbo so i take care of it. thanks

any info greatly appreciated. just want to know because my turbo gets real hot.

Yikes you have a lot of reading to do! Make sure you fully understand whats happening in there before making big changes.

Intake air where is the sensor at before or after the intercooler? I don't monitor this on mine so not sure what a good reading is

AF ratio should be around 13-14 idling, and cruising with no boost, 11.2-11.8 under wide open throttle, anything 10 is to rich and anything over 14 is to lean

There is a lot on a turbo sled. Mine is usually the chain tension needs to be set 1-2 times per year pending miles maybe more, the chain will stretch so much it needs to be replaced every other again pending miles. Check the oil and coolant more freq, check the drive shaft and jackshaft bearings on the clutch side yearly and grease them in the sled by pulling off the dust cap with a pick. Track tension should also be monitored as they stretch quite a bit. Driveshaft will last 5K-8K miles after that your risking it (assuming apex sled here?)

Turbos will run 1500-1800 degrees, heat control is everything.

ck the drive shaft and jackshaft bearings on the clutch side yearly and grease them in the sled by pulling off the dust cap with a pick. Track tension should also be monitored as they stretch quite a bit. Driveshaft will las
ok my intake air is on my air box. no inner cooler. im running a viper. im not making anychanges mine runs within your numbers you gave me. not sure if i would be able to monitor the turbo heat. i have a bearing turbo so i was wondering if i would have to change it ever? just looking to prevent any issues or break downs.

Back