• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

woody's 2 degree key

vmax80096

Extreme
Country
Canada
Anyone running the 2 degree advance key. If so, did he tell you that you have to run premium fuel with that or is regular still OK. Have a ignition controller and fuel programmer, to get rid of the bog you can simply add fuel to the bottom and be done with it. Even running the ignition controller it only adds advance at full throttle from 6000 to 11000. The key would add a little more everymore for a whole lot less money!

key

wouldn't your ignition controller ad more then 2 degrees if not you can have it programed, i,m not a expert on this so just trying to help.

You're right....you can change it to add +/- anywhere...my question was would a 2 degree key work...save a ton of money! From 10000 to 11000 controller is set to only add 1 degree and 6 from 5000 to 10000 where it does have more grunt but just spins more. Guess nobody on here is using Woody's apex/attack mod.

apex06 said:
From 10000 to 11000 controller is set to only add 1 degree and 6 from 5000 to 10000 where it does have more grunt but just spins more.

That depends on who programmed the controller.

apex06 said:
You're right....you can change it to add +/- anywhere...my question was would a 2 degree key work...save a ton of money! From 10000 to 11000 controller is set to only add 1 degree and 6 from 5000 to 10000 where it does have more grunt but just spins more. Guess nobody on here is using Woody's apex/attack mod.
What's the Woody's apex/attack mod?

apex06 said:

Yes, you need different maps. The controller, you can change any time anywhere through out the RPM range up to 10 degrees. You need to get an Air Fuel guage and start tuning yourself. Back to the timing key. I believe the biggest key you can get is 4 degrees.

I have the woodys powerup kit from Woodys performance in Topsham Maine. It is a 3 degree key and I have run both super and regular and have had no problems with running the reg, It also has the silver secondary spring and a overdrive sheave. and geared down one other than that its ok but I like the white spring better and have heard from another area racer to get rid of the overdrive sheave and the key but I will try the sheave first hope this helps Mark.

Overdriver doesn't give you any more speed. What it does is it allows you to gear down lower while still being able to shift into the same final gear ratio. If you run the overdrive sheave, be sure to LOCK DOWN YOUR SECONDARY. With primary overdrive, it is much more sensitive to clutch offset, so you need to set it just right.

Back