• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Woodys golddiggers or woodys mega bites?

rb2001srx700

Lifetime Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2001 SRX 700
So I decided to go with the woodys studs again. going 144 middle and outside. I just cant decide on the mega bites or the gold diggers. I have always used the gold diggers with good luck. I like the flat side of the mega bites but not sure if they will work like i think they will. I would think they would work like a chisel on ice. but then again I don't know if it will dig down like the chisels will on ice. And also with the flat side maybe get a little help on hard pack take off. Not sure. Who has the mega bites and has good or bad experiences with them.

Thanks Guys
Rob

Gold Diggers would probably be better on ice due to their thinner profile at the tip. Triggers would do even better on ice but would be less durable on the trail. I have 1.575 Megabites in the 1.25 track on my Viper and they are wearing well and the durability is very good. They work great on all trail conditions but would not do as well on ice.

Gold Diggers would probably be better on ice due to their thinner profile at the tip. Triggers would do even better on ice but would be less durable on the trail. I have 1.575 Megabites in the 1.25 track on my Viper and they are wearing well and the durability is very good. They work great on all trail conditions but would not do as well on ice.
wow 1.575's that seems really long. What does that give you 7/16 penetration? I was a little nervous using the 1.45's lol. Glad to hear they are durable. I do mainly ride trails so i would gear more to that then ice. How do your mega bites grab on ice being that long?

wow 1.575's that seems really long. What does that give you 7/16 penetration? I was a little nervous using the 1.45's lol. Glad to hear they are durable. I do mainly ride trails so i would gear more to that then ice. How do your mega bites grab on ice being that long?

I have measured them to actually be about 9/16" penetration. They hook up great with the addition of Stud Boy Super Lite Pro backers (192 studs)

1206192331.jpg

1206192331_HDR.jpg

Using 1.545 gold diggers in 1 1/4 track on my SW. It hooks hard on hard pack on a roll. 6,000 miles and they still look good.. Very few of them are slightly bent but was a good choice.

I was going to get the 1450 gold diggers but might go with the mega bites.

Resized_20201205_181705.jpeg So update on studs. 144 center and outer. It looks good and can't wait to try it out. Big thanks to my Brother in law and Father in law for helping.

Back