• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Woody's Trigger trail studs

I am using the INS Hornets. They are the Roetin design. Much better penetration than Woody's I believe and they usually snap off, not bend which I would rather have.

1.63 triggers are working great for us.. very few bends/breaks if any. I had 1.86 in and they were bending like crazy so went back to 1.63.

my review with the triggers r they need a bigger head on them , reason is they will pull out of your track easily with add power and good hooking up on good ice condition . i will be switching back to stud boys lake racers for this reason ,

I'm running 1.45" triggers .no issues .I was bending the gold diggers .

my review with the triggers r they need a bigger head on them , reason is they will pull out of your track easily with add power and good hooking up on good ice condition . i will be switching back to stud boys lake racers for this reason ,

The reason Woody's pull out is the high shoulder... Compare them to others... This prevents you from getting the track mat capture you can get with others..I believe they say 15 lbs torque.... The stud then can more easily lay over and Viola... Tear out.... Here's my 1.63 ins stingers...I will go 1.86 next

Attachments

• 20161127_105416.jpg
    20161127_105416.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 502

I agree. Love how they hook up, but I had 3 pull outs in 200 miles on powertrail. I even bought a Camisole 1.25 two ply, for full clips and no bumps and still pulled out with the bigger round backers.
I got yet another new track and went with the Stud Boy PP plus with the big heads, same big roud backers, tower nuts. These are designed for the single ply tracks but work fine on two ply as long as it 2.86 pitch. No chance of pull outs but does not hook as good as the triggers.

How are they holding up on the trails compared to gold diggers. IMO gold diggers are the best trail stud I have ever used.
I cant speak for triggers,but I changed out to a new track last year,and went back to the goldiggers,192 all on double backer plates,and all 192 in just the inside,nothing on outside,all good after 1200 miles last year,none bent,none broke on tips,no pull outs,in fact they are still sharp. Now my carbides don't look so good. The studs were 1.45 length on stock rip2 track 1.25.

Back