• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Worn track drivers

Martens199

Expert
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2008 Yamaha nytro 153 mcx190
2015 SRViper mtx se 162 mcx270
Hey guys, I have noticed that my track clips are wearing into my drivers. No matter how I set my track tension and tracking it always seems like the drivers are too far to the right. I have had it to the shop they measured everything and it all seems normal they are stumped. The anti stab kit bearings are also shoot.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    35.3 KB · Views: 590
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    39.3 KB · Views: 561

It's hard to tell with your pic. If you can take one that shows both drivers from outside track it would help. Also taking measurement kitty corner from left rear skid mount to right front driver tooth and from right rear skid mount to left front driver tooth. Measurement should be within 1/8in or better.

Here is the measurements the manual gives for drivers. Kind of a dumb way of measuring. They should go from a edge.
Driver measurement.jpg

Just a note guys. I have 2 driveshafts. The one that was on my sled for 5500 miles and a new takeoff I just purchased and the drivers are not in the same place. Wear was near perfect on my original and will be setting the new one the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just a note guys. I have 2 driveshafts. The one that was on my sled for 5500 miles and a new takeoff I just purchased and the drivers are not in the same place. Wear was near perfect on my original and will be setting the new one the same.

Could you take some measurements of the good one shagman?

After more inspection there is a little wear on the inside of the brake side driver. Here are the measurements.

Chain case side.
Measured from the inner snap ring groove outside edge to edge of driver hub next to shaft with calipers.

New shaft was 5.16", Old shaft was 5.32".

Brake side.
Measured from snap ring groove outside edge to edge of driver hub next to shaft with calipers.

New shaft was 4.535", old shaft was 4.661".

The reason I took the measurements from these locations is that the snap rings center the shaft in the sled and my track was centered well up front from the factory.

After taking measurments and looking over the old shaft and the wear on the drivers I'm going to leave the new ones where they are as it will give more clearance where its worn. Just a note: The wear is very little from what i have seen on other sleds over the years. 5800 miles on sled.

Sounds like a Cat quality control problem? Hopefully some of these are getting fixed via dealer warranty so that cat can address the issue .

Ok the sled is at the dealer right now and they have taken measurements, and told me everything is in the correct spots. Sounds like they don't want to warrenty it cause they don't know how to fix it. But if I get to the sled I will get some measurements.
I will also get some more pics. But here is some more that I have

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    39.3 KB · Views: 520
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    36.5 KB · Views: 547
Ok guy finally got the sled back they warrenty the anti stab rolls and said it fixed the problem. Which it didn't. Here are some pictures of the drivers side to side and the anti stab rollers miss aligned in the track as well.
Photos order
Right side driver
Left side driver
Right side track to tunnel clearance
Left side track to tunnel clearance
Left side anti stab roller (picture from back side)

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    67.8 KB · Views: 518
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    65.4 KB · Views: 524
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    32 KB · Views: 523
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    71 KB · Views: 515
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    20.4 KB · Views: 530
Ok guy finally got the sled back they warrenty the anti stab rolls and said it fixed the problem. Which it didn't. Here are some pictures of the drivers side to side and the anti stab rollers miss aligned in the track as well.
Photos order
Right side driver
Left side driver
Right side track to tunnel clearance
Left side track to tunnel clearance
Left side anti stab roller (picture from back side)
Are you getting a lot of vibration also. It looks to me that the driver are so far off that the anti-stab wheels and drivers are fighting each other. I would take it back to them and tell them to try again as its not right.

Well the anti stabs are actually on the helping side of things. They are pushing the track to the right and the track runs to the left. I tried moving the skid in the drop brackets, which didn't help.

If I was to center the track on the drivers, it would run center with the tunnel too. But as you can see the gap is smaller on one side between the tunnel and track. (Left side). So it seems as if the drivers are in the right postion but the track walks over.

I have moved those drivers in the sled, but with a method I am sure would not be approved by most

Back