• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Wouldn`t start after rolling over

kimoajaj

Expert
Hi guys!

On Sunday I sidehilled my Sidewinder MTX 162" and eventually when it got really steep I got stuck.

Easiest was to roll the sled down, so it rolled 3-4 times. I let it rest a minute and then tried starting it. The front of the sled was pointing down the hill, it`s wasn't that steep where the sled ended up after rolling it.

It wouldn't start. No error codes, just turned over and nothing happened (kill switch not engaged).

Tried several times, no luck. Removed side panels just to have a look, nothing to see.

I then recalled having read something about the fuel tank on the sidewinder / someones sled had stopped going down a hill when low/little fuel in the tank.

I didn`t check fuel level but I would never believe it was so low that this could happen.

With this in mind my buddies and I turned the sled around so the front of the sled was pointing upwards.

Turned the key and it started immediately.

Is it something with the tank?

At first I thought it was something with the fuel pump relay or something, but I could hear the pump run every time the ignition was turned on.

Any thoughts on this?

LaLaLa

Is it just me or is there less activity on TY now then before? Or is it just me?

I`ve also noticed that there is less activity on the Norwegian sled forum I often visit.

i know on my apex in the really cold weather it needs at least 1/2 tank of fuel to start as it helps the pump pressurise the system better. might be a similar thing where the weight of the fuel helps prime/pressure it.

Thanks for the reply maim! I guess that only happens in really really cold weather. But I think the reason is the fuel pressure in the fuel rail being too low so it would be interesting to know how the tank is made and where the outlet is. Like, can this happen also when riding, that would`t be cool.

A little happy news today, dealer managed to get me SLP Powder Pro`s and a skinz seat, can`t wait!!!

Hi guys!

On Sunday I sidehilled my Sidewinder MTX 162" and eventually when it got really steep I got stuck.

Easiest was to roll the sled down, so it rolled 3-4 times. I let it rest a minute and then tried starting it. The front of the sled was pointing down the hill, it`s wasn't that steep where the sled ended up after rolling it.

It wouldn't start. No error codes, just turned over and nothing happened (kill switch not engaged).

Tried several times, no luck. Removed side panels just to have a look, nothing to see.

I then recalled having read something about the fuel tank on the sidewinder / someones sled had stopped going down a hill when low/little fuel in the tank.

I didn`t check fuel level but I would never believe it was so low that this could happen.

With this in mind my buddies and I turned the sled around so the front of the sled was pointing upwards.

At first I thought it was something with the fuel pump relay or something, but I could hear the pump run every time the ignition was turned on.

Any thoughts on this?

LaLaLa

Is it just me or is there less activity on TY now then before? Or is it just me?

I`ve also noticed that there is less activity on the Norwegian sled forum I often visit.

The same thing happened to me today. My sled only has 100 miles on it. My guess is that there is a factory defect related to the dual fuel filters in the tank. When you are nose down the rear filter pulls air preventing the pump from priming. Did you find a solution?

Hi guys!

Any thoughts on this?

LaLaLa

Yes, happened to me, sled was nose down in a snow bank. Would not start, It was at ⅓ of fuel. Fuel pump was running but sounding like it was taking air. Had to take it level to the ground for it to start. It sucks but just try to ride with more than ½ tank of fuel‍♂️

Back