• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

WOW still riding an 04mtn

Jabber

Extreme
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2017 Sidewinder mtn 162
I cant believe that I am still riding and moding a 2004 RX1 mtn.
I keep up with 2 strokes boondocking and in hill climbs they help dig me out. Its good to have riders that can highmark you, they get to help dig.
I m still making changes to the sled and one day when I get a day off I will post some pics of the mods that I have done.
I have thought about moving into a nitro, but I dont want to spend the $$$ to mod another sled to work PROPERLY. ( yea a bit of a dig at Yamaha's inability to be a leader in the market )
Still riding a Yamaha but looking at the others

That makes two of us I just installed HID lights. I have mine set up for flatland riding now and I never have to dig out and I don't ride much groomed trails mostly fields and ungroomed trails.

I'm trying to do a few new mods to the sled before its time to ride but work keeps getting in the way. Me, I have to dig out more than I would like but at the same if your not stuck your not riding.

Snow flying in the mountains and I still havent worked on my sled for the starting season. Work Work Work
Hopefully this weekend I will get a start on my sled. I can ride it the way it is but have a few ideas to make it eaiser and better. I will post pics of the changes in hopes that it helps others. 13,000 kms of steep and deep mountain riding and still running strong.

Jabber said:
I cant believe that I am still riding and moding a 2004 RX1 mtn.
I keep up with 2 strokes boondocking and in hill climbs they help dig me out. Its good to have riders that can highmark you, they get to help dig.
I m still making changes to the sled and one day when I get a day off I will post some pics of the mods that I have done.
I have thought about moving into a nitro, but I dont want to spend the $$$ to mod another sled to work PROPERLY. ( yea a bit of a dig at Yamaha's inability to be a leader in the market )
Still riding a Yamaha but looking at the others

Apex to Nytro to Supercharged Nytro then making n/a Nytro super light. THEN realizing the Nytro is just too topheavy. Went to boosted Phazer and now this year to a new sled. I strongly suggest you skip the Nytro. Now Viper......thats the cool one.

I still like riding the old 04 I don't think I could sell her or trade here. The fact that she just keeps going and never left me walking has something to do with it I am sure. :sled1: :sled1: :sled1: :sled1:

Still 12 one tons running at Lake Kachess. We've lost two motors in the last year due to low oil. They are all 03's and we roll them out of holes a lot. They burn a little oil, and leak quite a bit when upside down. Its a tough lesson for young riders. They figure cause it isn't a two stoke they don't have to regularly check the level and top it off. Still waiting on snow here.

Still love my Kachessed '03 RX, rarely get stuck, have yet to find something that I would like better other than doing the same treatment to an Apex, but that would be way too much effort. Sad part is that the past 2 Cali winters have sucked and I am likely out for this season due to a hang gliding injury, UGH!

I also am riding a 03 RX1 Mountain, just over 15000 miles on it and runs very well. Its going to the U.P. over new years.

I haven't touched mine in years when it comes to mods. Still tuning up the Nytro. Fired both sleds up today. Forgot to add Seafoam, just parked them in the trailer last spring and they both started right away!

Ran mine for a half hour in dec. Then took it to drags yesterday with last years av gas and a splash of 110.had to boost it with pick up but it ran great.

i took the simmons gen 2 skis of and put the stock mtn ones back on to see how it handles in the deep snow. On the trail the simmons with the dual runners are the bomb, no darting and easy to control. In the powder and the tight trails the stock skis rule. I am debating whether to cut the simmons skis or to just run the stock mtn. The newer MT9 skis are too much $$$ to switch to. I have only been out riding 4 times this year and am reluctant to do anything to radical with out more seat time to evaluate things.

I had mine out March 7 and hit a pipeline riser guard wide open at 14lbs. Been pissing blood and laid up for 3 weeks. Bent my. Vanamburg tunnel and broke the rails is 4 places. I will rebuild.

Sorry to hear that! Me and the wife are still rocking our 2004 mountains, had good snow this year we both put on 600 km, few stucks, few cracks, good times though! Hopefully lots more time next year with good snow.

Back