• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

WRP Apex Seat kit on order!

Brian A

Extreme
Country
USA
Snowmobile
RX1
Hi guys I have an 03 RX1 with the Apex seat. I have had this sled for a few years and love it.

I am 6ft 5 270 lbs and the last year or so have been wanting to raise the seat some, I will be 60 next year and my knees are feeling it

After doing s LOT of reading here on this I decided I would try it.

Looking forward to reporting on it and reading anything you have to say about it

I have been laid up this past week with a failed root canal and infected jaw and decided to reward myself with this new addition for the upcoming season

Last edited:

Good luck with that. I hope to be doing the same today. I did find a deal on a Central Pneumatic Air Stapler at Harbor Freight. $22 and there is a 20% off coupon. I don't care if it dies in a week. As long as it helps me with this project, it's worth every penny.

Good luck! Post up photos of your progress, I know there are plenty listening as I have heard nothing but great reviews on this mod.

thanks biff

I do have the Harbor Freight air nailer and staple gun (great tool by the way) but I am afraid the staples it uses are too narrow for this. I will probably get their wide crown stapler for this project.

brother did it years ago on his 04 war mod and loved it as he already had the apex seat but needed more.

thanks

just to add a little to this story.

Like I mentioned I have been off all week with this infected jaw. My bosses are really cool about me being off work I am very lucky to be employed by a great company.

I have been wanting this seat for months but have not been able to come up wit the funds for it, something always seems to come up.

On Friday my boss called me. I had been given the employee of the month award for October. It is presented (surprise) on the last Friday of the following month, so I was not there to get it and had no idea I got it.

With the award and a day off work came a nice little check with it. You know what I then did, order the seat kit!!

Timing was perfect LOL

Hope you like it. I have an Apex seat on mine and it's definitely better than the Rx seat, but someday I'd like the WRP seat.

thanks biff

I do have the Harbor Freight air nailer and staple gun (great tool by the way) but I am afraid the staples it uses are too narrow for this. I will probably get their wide crown stapler for this project.
Works great. 1/4 for most places, 3/8 where you overlap. Did 3 seats with it, including my wrp.
2018-12-01 17.44.50.jpg

Hi guys I have an 03 RX1 with the Apex seat. I have had this sled for a few years and love it.

I am 6ft 5 270 lbs and the last year or so have been wanting to raise the seat some, I will be 60 next year and my knees are feeling it

After doing s LOT of reading here on this I decided I would try it.

Looking forward to reporting on it and reading anything you have to day about it

I have been laid up this past week with a failed root canal and infected jaw and decided to reward myself with this new addition for the upcoming season
Hope you're feeling better...my son just got past the same thing a few weeks ago.
Have you considered replacing the suspension, with a monoshock...check with Travis at barn of parts? Rides lots better than the proaction...imo.

I think it turned out pretty damn good! Let me know if anyone needs a stock seat foam!
Biff nice job on video and seat . I am going to attempt this in a few weeks. Do you have a video doing the risers . I bought the 3" universal powermad risers and hope to put them on my 2015 apex XTX

Great video Biff! I just got back from Harbor Freight with the staple gun, staples and a few other things

I did not know that the foam was available like that, I may have done the same thing to save some money but since I got this bonus from work and my seat cover has a few small tears in it it worked out good for me!

Are those wire line trolling rods I see in your garage? Looks there are roller guides on them

I am a salmon fisherman., notice those things ;)

I think it turned out pretty damn good! Let me know if anyone needs a stock seat foam!

Thanks great video. I have a 16 Vector xtx. My seat looks the same except the trunk flap. Mine has 2 latches instead of 1. WRP"S site does not seem to list one for mine. Also I saw a posting on here by somebody that had to trim his foam to fit over the EPS unit. You obviously did not have that issue. At least I already own a pneumatic stapler!

Hope you're feeling better...my son just got past the same thing a few weeks ago.
Have you considered replacing the suspension, with a monoshock...check with Travis at barn of parts? Rides lots better than the proaction...imo.
Thanks Sump!

Yes feeling much better. I was actually able to work on my sled just now. I have had a bad ski saddle (loose at the steel bushing where it attaches to the aluminum saddle) purchased a used one from Travis last year but the bolt holding the saddle on was frozen and I was trying to do it at my pole barn at the cabin which does not have a complete repair shop in it like my garage does. So I brought the sled back home last weekend while dealing with the tooth problem to address this, and some other items

Glad to report success with getting the ski saddle off! Helps with the proper tools.

And I have not touched the Norco yet I am feeling better for sure!!

I may try a new suspension. Will have to think about that

Sump Buster and SnoRunner: Just be sure to order the kit for the Vector, it used the Pre 2011 Apex style seat with two latches. Anything may be stretched, but get the right one, or call Seat Concepts directly for the perfect fit. Also, they list the Apex seat from 2006-2018, but also a 2011-2018. We all know you want to keep those two separate as the seat pan on the 2011+ accommodates that EXUP.

RCK: I used the Powermadd 2.5” Pivot on a Phazer and two Apex for the reason I didn’t have to change cables, and it mounted literally on top of the stock riser. And I could lean the bars forward or backward. Pics available upon request. It feels a lot less like ape-hangers with the higher seat.

Brian A: Those are Zebco Catfish Sticks with Ambassadeur 6000 Reels loaded with 50lb braid for channel Catfish. The Red River of the North here in Fargo is the start of world class channel catfishing on up to Lake Winnepeg. Check out my three episodes of Wicked Catfish on www.biff.org

Good luck guys, keep the questions coming if there are more. I think my wife questioned if I knew what I was doing years ago. Now she knows I can YouTube whatever I yet to figure out.

Last edited:

Back